Super Contributor

Barry Manilow Weds Long Time Manager

Congrats to Barry and Garry Kief!

I met Garry years ago when I went to Vegas to see Barry. The friend I was with knew him and introduced us. I know he's been a part of Barry's life for many years.

I'm glad Barry is happy.

http://www.people.com/article/barry-manilow-marries-garry-kief

Respected Contributor

Re: Barry Manilow Weds Long Time Manager

Honored Contributor

Congratulation, Barry! Being happy is the only thing that matters.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Lovely! Love and commitment are always something to celebrate.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Everyone deserves to be happy. A few years ago my son-in-law owned some businesses in the Verizon Center in DC. It was easy for him to get us free tickets to everything.

He knew I liked Barry. He surprised me by hiring a limo and it took me, 5 friends (amazing seats) to see him.

It was such a fun night (who doesn't know all of his songs)? We stood up, danced and sang the entire night. Everyone we saw in the hallways were in a good mood.

I loved every minute of it. If anyone ever gets the chance to see him, I suggest you never pass it up. You will also always remember him and his music come alive.

I'm so happy he's happy.

Honored Contributor

I think the wedding was actually last year some tome. Suzanne Somers was his Matron of Honor.

Honored Contributor

Funny, funny story about Barry. Years ago when I lived in the West Chester area he was an unknown introducing a new song "Mandy". I remember thinking he is great but will never be a star. Good thing I am not a talent agent.

On another note: way back when my parents saw a big band who had a "boy" singer named Frank Sinatra. Mom always said the first time she heard him knew he would be a BIG star.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I have always liked his schmaltzy songs, he is the king of schmaltz . . . but always good to listen to. I'm glad he's happy.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Happy for both,I always enjoyed him an his music.

Honored Contributor

I, too, am glad that he has happiness and love in his life!

I'm also glad that he's been able to keep his private life private until he decided, on his own terms, to share some of it with us. I am of the belief that even celebrities deserve to have their private lives private UNLESS, and until such time, that they choose to share with the fans.