Honored Contributor

Am I the only one that thinks it's odd that Connie Britton hasn't appeared in either of these live music shows?

I wonder what the deal is?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Re: Nashville: on the record 2

Yes I noticed that as well. And Hayden too.
Honored Contributor

Hayden was in the first one though.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Hayden was probably on her maternity leave when this was filmed. I heard the Nashville performers from the show are doing a concert in the DC area in May.

Esteemed Contributor

IMO Connie is not the best singer, in fact, her voice sounds strained at times. I hope all is well there. I think Hayden & Connie are actors first. Their counterparts may have more musical backgrounds.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

This was discussed in the comments section of TVline's website. Some people felt the way ury did, that Connie is not the strongest singer and is primarily an actress, so they thought that might have been something to do with it. The official line was that she had a scheduling issue and couldn't be there. Someone said the last time the reason she couldn't be there was due to illness. I enjoyed Nashville's On The Record last night. As long as Chip Esten is there I'm a happy camper! Smile

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

I was so disappointed. I turned it on expecting to see how Deacon and his cancer story is going and just singing. I hate those special shows.

Honored Contributor

Nashville returns next week in regular format. Christiana Agulira guest stars..

Respected Contributor

We really enjoyed it. So nice to see these artists performing on stage. What wonderful opportunities for songwriters. The song "Avery" did while playing the piano was so touching. Looking forward to next weeks episode, but we enjoyed this change of pace.