Honored Contributor

Boy Am I Glad I'm Over Here In the TV Section......

I was just over there on the front page section and I can't believe how people are over there tearing each other up.

If someone says the sky is blue another will say, no it's green.

Anyway, I just want to say again. I love it over here. If we disagree, so what, not one person attacks another. We respect each other's ideas. We don't have to agree but we don't bust on each other either.

AWWWW......I love you guys...Annabelle.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Boy Am I Glad I'm Over Here In the TV Section......

Annabelle - I enjoy checking out the TV/entertainment threads. It's nice to read people's opinions. I even began watching shows again because of peoples' opinions. Some shows I didn't bother to watch because viewers were united in their opinions. Just fun to read on this side of the street. The sunny side of the street!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

I agree, they need a scratching post for all those claws!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Esteemed Contributor

I left them years ago and stay mainly over here. There are sometimes I feel adventurous and go there to see what is happening, then I come back here to hide.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I'm like you Mama, I go over there to see what's going on and I post things like, "Can't we all just get along".....I just posted a rant over there because this woman said her husband told her she had hanging skin because she'd worked so hard at losing 40 lbs.

I told her to "go get 2 - 20lb bags of potatoes and see how far he could carry them (not far) and then see what he says about your amazing weight loss!"

Then, like you guys, I came back over here to hide. Ha! You don't know me....you haven't seen me.....

Respected Contributor

And they are mostly women I should point out! Men are much simpler creatures. Lots of crazies on these boards!!!!!
Honored Contributor

I know SANNA, that's what sad about women. Men aren't as mean, verbally, as women. It's sad that they will tear each other up. I always say, "You'd never hear a man say, 'Do these pants make my fanny look big to a bunch of guys' for their approval".

You will hear women say it and then they'd bust on each other. It seems weird women are like that. But I did also say over there tonight that dollars to donuts I'll bet most of them (talking to the women over there) that there are probably not many mid-60's or 70 year old's busting on each other because we're all tired and like, "Can't we all just get along". I'm not saying there wasn't a time when maybe we'd be #@% but I never was much for that. I have a lot of other 'issues', but cutting down people isn't one of them.

Anyway, I just wanted you guys to know how much I really enjoy this TV section. I believe in telling people how I feel. I'm like that in REAL life too! Just a slobering nut job! Ha!

I talk about you guys all of the time. I tell my friends how I've found a group of people who don't apologize for like soaps, TV stuff that others watch but won't admit it. We sometimes have to agree to disagree (it's not like we're out to change the world) right?

It has helped me understand TV shows and see things from other sides. Maybe because I don't have someone YELLING at me, just saying, how about this or that. Makes sense. Incidentally, you know how we talk about binging on a TV show (on XM Radio they talk about doing that all of the time). Well my youngest (she's adult) daughter has been binging on Scandal for days now. Her friend said, "So, do you want to go to the gym to work out" (which she usually does). She was like, "Ummmm.....no....I'll tell you the truth....I'm binging on Scandal".

Respected Contributor

My DH and I are TV bingers ourselves. We were recently watching ""Tthe good wife"" non stop to catch up. Love it!!!!
Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 Cas said:

I agree, they need a scratching post for all those claws!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

I don't understand how someone goes on a post just to be ugly and mean. It starts out about the original post and then goes off in another direction.