Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone watch the 20/20 Sound of Music special last Wednesday?

I really enjoyed Diane Sawyers's interviews and research. I love the way they took us back to the settings and shared the inside scoop. I didn't realize they had a voice over for Christopher Plummer's singing parts.
Respected Contributor

Re: Did anyone watch the 20/20 Sound of Music special last Wednesday?

NO.....didn't interest me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 hulagirl said:

NO.....didn't interest me.

Well, I hope you were able to find something else to do that did interest you. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

I missed it! Would have liked to watch this. So a voice over? Was that Plummers voice or was it someone elses dubbed in? Hope they show a re-run.

Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed it, well done and very informative.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 sommertime said:

I missed it! Would have liked to watch this. So a voice over? Was that Plummers voice or was it someone elses dubbed in? Hope they show a re-run.

Diane Sawyer played the original clip where Plummer was singing, but the movie has another voice dubbed in. I always thought that was Plummer singing, so that surprised me. After hearing the original, I like the dubbed in voice better, so I understand why directors/producers made the change.
Respected Contributor

I thought it was wonderful. I knew about C. Plummer's voice over and have watched the movie every year since it started and will continue to watch it again and again.

I didn't know however that it was based on a true story or I forgot since she had the original Maria on her show!

I have seen many interviews with Chris and Julie about his drinking after work, the giggling scenes and the helicopter blowing her over on the mountain. He was perfect for the part.

They picked the two best actors for the movie. Diane Sawyer's interview did not disappoint.

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to have a gazebo like the one in the movie! I didn't know that the scenes inside the gazebo were shot in a Hollywood studio. I also didn't realize that the ""16 going on 17"" actress was actually older than the actor who played Rolfe. Charmian Carr was 22 at the time.
Esteemed Contributor

I loved it when Diane recreated the dance/song at the fountain! I wish I could've been there to try that!
Honored Contributor

I watched it and loved it. This and Mary Poppins are two of my favorite childhood movies, I always wanted Mary or Maria to take me away from home!I found the special very touching in different parts. It must be sad for Julie Andrews to see footage of herself singing so beautifully.