Honored Contributor

Super Circus

of course, Howdy Doodie

Mr. Ed

Land of the lost this covers much time

The Banana Splits

that sort of thing.

What shows do you recall?

Lassie, Disney, Original Mouseketeers. Annette and Bobby and Roy and Jimmie.

Wanna share your old t.v. show favorites?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thinking of old t.v. shows

How about THE ROY ROGERS SHOW with DALE EVENS, who became his wife, and TRIGGER his horse? I was about 6 or so, and thought him so handsome. THE LONE RANGER. I Go way back, before TV, When families gathered around the radio. I was so happy the Christmas I got my very own radio for my room. Simple days. To think today, I use a Kindle and a computer. As far as TV, THE TEXICO HOUR, WITH MILTON BERLE, A VARIETY SHOW. IN the earl days of TV, we had happy shows that the family watched together. We sat down to dinner together, hurried, cleaned kitchen before our favorite show came on. I love Lucy, Carol Burnett, Dean Martin. All funny happy shows. Only three or four channels, and rabbit ears, no cable and no big bills for a thousand channels you don,t watch. AH, the simpler times.
Honored Contributor

I do recall those. Sea Hunt, I Remember Mama, Red Skelton, Jackie Gleason. Ed Sullivan, he had the best variety shows. Beatles, remember them on Ed's show?

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yes, and the first time ELVIS WAS ON. ED SULLIVAN was like the Johnny Carson of his day. You got on his show, you had it made. To think they thought ELVIS had risky movements. Compare to today, he was a puritan.
Super Contributor

Lawrence Welk show was a Saturday night must for my Mother. Had to have bath's done and PJ's on. Loved the Lennon Sisters - they were my age. Also, watched Ed Sullivan (who didn't). We lived in the Detroit area and had Milky's Party Time and also received some Canadian channels. You are right much fewer channels but seemed to watch and enjoy it more as a family.

Honored Contributor

Ever watch ME TV, nothing but the golden oldies!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't try to live in the past or anything, but I still enjoy a few like 'That Girl' and 'Love Boat'.

They are running 'The Monkees' again so sometimes I catch that. I was a huge fan when it was first airing. IIRC I was about 12 years old. Cuties and their music was so fun.

Valued Contributor

Oh yes, Lawrence Welk was a huge favorite in our house and, of course, Disney every Sunday (anyone remember "Charlie the Lonesome Cougar"?). Then there was the one two punch of the Brady Bunch and Partridge Family in the very early 70's. By the mid seventies Saturday nights were reserved for Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart. I used to love Fantasy Island too (80's?). My all-time favorite show is I Love Lucy. I didn't see the original run, but have watched it in reruns for 45-50 years :-)
New Contributor

The Bananas theme song was my firt born's lullaby. I sang that as I rocked him in the rocker my Mom rocked me.

Honored Contributor

On the East coast and especially in the DC, Maryland, Virginia and a few other states we had the Pick Temple Show. I remember it was put on by Giant Food (pretty big east coast grocery store chain, still around).

Anyway, I wanted to be on that show sooooo bad because on your birthday you got to sit on the little horse and look at the camera and say hi to everyone in your family. I thought that was soooo neat (this was in the 50's). The years went by (I sent in a post card) and I got a letter saying I'd been picked. By then I was probably 11 years old. I wasn't fat but I wasn't tiny either. My father said that I was probably too big for the little pony. He was right, boy was he right. It broke my heart. So, the Pick Temple Show.

I remember all of the ones you guys picked out. So many memories. My late husband and I used to talk about all of these shows all of the time.

Can you believe how times have changed? Good grief! I can't believe some of what I see on TV (regular channels at 8:00 PM). My daughter used to let the children watch Dancing With the Stars (first season) and they'd dance to the music. That ended with all of the gyration and those unbelievable outfits.

I just think some things should be on a little later in the evening.

How about Ed Sullivan Show? Rawhide, 77 Sunset Strip, there was one in the row following Sunset Strip ("Cookie, Cookie, lend me your comb") Ha! Remember Ty Hardin, the cowboy? He was in a series about cowboys. How about the guy who was so good looking, blonde Troy something? Remember the terrible scandal because it was suspected that he might be g, a,y?

How about Wagon Train? My late husband had an amazing memory. He'd remember all of those shows.