Trusted Contributor

Already going through Downton Abbey withdrawal???

Series finale for season 5 is tonight and I'm already sad. Heard that there will be one more season & that's it so Julian Fellows can move on to his next project. A lot has happened so far this season & I'm anxious to see how things will be wrapped up. It's always so long to wait until the next season starts. I usually end up keeping the last show of the season on my DVR, and then play it back right before the next season starts, so I remember what was going on. Either that, or I rent it from the library & refresh my memory that way. Either way, I'm sure going to miss it come next Sunday night.

Honored Contributor

Re: Already going through Downton Abbey withdrawal???

Yes!!!!

For people who like to read I recommend Julian Fellowes's novel ""Past Imperfect."" He also wrote one called ""Snobs"" but I didn't like that much.

But nothing can take the place of an episode of Downton.

Honored Contributor

I purchased Seasons 1 through 4, and think I'll complete the series ..... and if you haven't gotten into Mr. Selfridge on PBS, think about it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

I love Mr. Selfridge, it starts the end of March, I think!

My PBS station is showing last week's Downton's episode, I always enjoy watching again!

Honored Contributor

Well, at least I won't have to endure the Bates saga for a few months. Good night I am sick of that drab tale.

Trusted Contributor

Tonight's episode was GREAT ~ I really enjoyed it! Can't believe DA won't return until JANUARY 2016?!?!?!
Esteemed Contributor

Me, me, me!

So enjoyed this season. Plan on a binge day to re-watch.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I thought that was THE END? Are you sure there's one more season? Hope, hope.

I love how:

Lady Mary has finally found a man who makes her heart flutter. I think maybe that's the secret-play hard to get with Lady Mary.

The master only has an ulcer.

Atticus's family now loves Rose.

Carson and Hughes-well, it was long in coming but so worth the wait. So cute.

I agree about the "Bates Saga".

Thomas is being nice, now, so grateful to what's her name, but never showing it.

The master finally is in on the secret of Marigold's existence. I'm really kind of tired of that scene, too.

Now if only Isis hadn't died I would be content.

But I felt like the other shoe had to drop and hoping that's because there's another season? Altho that isn't what I heard??

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Judaline said:

I thought that was THE END? Are you sure there's one more season? Hope, hope.

I love how:

Lady Mary has finally found a man who makes her heart flutter. I think maybe that's the secret-play hard to get with Lady Mary.

The master only has an ulcer.

Atticus's family now loves Rose.

Carson and Baxter-well, it was long in coming but so worth the wait. So cute.

I agree about the "Bates Saga".

Thomas is being nice, now, so grateful to what's her name, but never showing it.

The master finally is in on the secret of Marigold's existence. I'm really kind of tired of that scene, too.

Now if only Isis hadn't died I would be content.

But I felt like the other shoe had to drop and hoping that's because there's another season? Altho that isn't what I heard??

Yes, Julian Fellowes was interviewed about the next season, so it's on.

Did they really have strings of Christmas lights in 1926?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

It took me until a few months ago to get into DA. I then went on an Amazon Prime rampage and watched every episode from Season1 until the present. I love, love, love this show. I want to live there....I never want it to end ! Those are real people, not actors, aren't they ? LOL--they certainly have me convinced.