Respected Contributor

There is only one "Odd Couple" Randall and Klugman

In the original they never have to use lewdness for humor....

The Odd Couple - Episode 76 - 'The New Car' - Oct 19, 1973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfFg9yieoWw

2015 version

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-odd-couple/video/3F1FE959-E455-A658-988F-8AB9443FD4AD/the-odd-couple-p...

Respected Contributor

Re: There is only one ""Odd Couple"" Randall and Klugman

I forgot another great team was Jack Lemmon Walter Matthau in The Odd Couple Trailer 1968 Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv0kHB1YIOM

The new cast should have called it something else, because they are of another time and if you are not really super at what you are doing, leave well enough alone....

Esteemed Contributor

We can never compare the originals to the new version. I thought the show was funny and had lots of potential. The characters seem to mesh well together.

Honored Contributor

I saw the guy who was on a talk show. I just read about it and the articles say that it has the same rude lines as "Two Broke Girls" (which I refuse to watch, rude and not funny) and "Two and 1/2 Men" (which I haven't watched in years, boring and same reason).

I'm not a pru,de, but I get tired of the same boring stupid jokes at the expense of females. It said it tries to be very 'politically correct' but also leans on making sure that the audience doesn't think they are g^ay, by introducing themselves by saying many times "we are divorced", and bringing it more to date by giving their ex-wives more updated names.

I like Matthew Perry. I really liked the show he was on before where he had trouble adjusting about his wife's death. It was cute and wasn't cr,ude.

Anyway, I guess we'll have to see. I don't know why they can't just come up with new things. They would probably do better.

Respected Contributor

I am watching an interview about

Jack Lemmon Interview he died at age of 79, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE0qLRuam6k

Honored Contributor

Thanks java, I skipped over a little of it but I loved seeing 'real' stars talk about the old days. I'm 68 years old, so when the stars talk about live TV and dramas on TV in the 50's I remember some of it (not much) because we didn't have a TV for a long time.

I sometimes look at Bob Mackie here on QVC (I adore him and will always watch him) and I sometimes buy his clothes. He's a real gentleman. Anyway, I watch him and every now and then he'll talk about some of the shows (Like Carol Burnette show) and I wonder if one day someone will be sitting and watching on You Tube interviews with him and him talking about Carol Burnette show.

I think we often don't appreciate people like we should when they're here. Then people make a big deal about them after they die (like Robin Williams).

Anyway, I really enjoy all of the work you do here to keep us informed and up to date on everything. You are amazing, but I'm sure you hear that.

Thanks...... annabellethecat (I see where there's another annabelle (but not the cat). I hope she never gets mean, people would think it was me and that wouldn't make me happy at all.

Super Contributor

The best Odd Couple duo was Jackie Lemmon and Walter Matthau, by far! Remember sitting in the theather (was in high school) and laughing so hard! Jack Lemmon was always one of my favorites in anything he did!

Honored Contributor

Jackie, did you click on the internet address Java posted? It's a really nice interview done by Jack Lemmon. I think you might like some of it. It's interesting. Makes you realize how long he'd been around.

I'm 68 so I remember when stars talk about 'old days' on TV. He did that talking about the live shows. All shows were live in the beginning.

Super Contributor

On 2/21/2015 colliegirls said:

We can never compare the originals to the new version. I thought the show was funny and had lots of potential. The characters seem to mesh well together.

I agree collie. I really didn't think I would like it as I was never a fan of the other one, but I love Jack Lemon and Walter Matthau. Just wasn't crazy about the show with them.

Decided to record and watch and to my surprise I really liked it. Like you said the characters seemed to mesh well.

Vicki

Honored Contributor

Roseanne & Tom Arnold

Lyle Lovett & Julia Roberts

Sean Penn & Charlize Theron