Trusted Contributor

I'm in Mourning for Mrs. Wolowitz

Howard's mother, on the Big Bang Theory, passed away on last night's show. The real life actress passed a short while ago and the show dealt with it very well I thought. I loved her character and even though we never saw her she was one of my all time favorites.

Candy

Super Contributor

Re: I'm in Mourning for Mrs. Wolowitz

ITA, a very well done episode. It did come across as to the impact on the cast members themselves. On another note it was good to see Kripke, I just love his Elmer Fudd voice.

Valued Contributor

Very well done. You could see the sadness and love for the actress in the actors when they did the final scene. A very nice send off for Mrs. Wolowitz.

Helen852
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, a great memorializing episode for Debbie Wolowitz. I was wondering how they would handle it, knowing the wound...and they handled it well.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I thought this was very nice too. I liked the fact that they had Sheldon say something so touching, and unexpected, to Howard.

Respected Contributor

Well done!....and touching.

Respected Contributor

On 2/20/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I thought this was very nice too. I liked the fact that they had Sheldon say something so touching, and unexpected, to Howard.

Yes, that was the best part. He showed he's a true friend.

Super Contributor

When at the top of the episode, Howard said that his mom went to Florida, I thought that if they were going to leave at that, then that was going to be pretty lame.

But, when Howard got "the call", I thought that they did right by the characters.

I thought the final scene, where they shared memories of Mrs. Wolowitz, and toasted her, was perfect.

Interestingly, last night I had a dream where I got to talk to Howard, and I gave him my condolences on the loss of his mom.

Super Contributor

Helen852 conveyed exactly what I perceived from the episode, that the cast was conveying their true feelings for the actress as they spoke of her. I agree, the episode was well done.

On another note, Debbie Wolowitz' voice always reminded me of Joey's chain smoking agent in the sitcom "Friends".

Trusted Contributor

Yes it was a touching episode,you could feel there true feelings. I liked the part last year where the comic store guy went to live with her and they were good friends,love this show where they add characters every so often,I hope Howard accepts him and realizes how he gave his mother some happiness in her last year of life.Tucka.