Honored Contributor

OK, I know it's a new discussion title. You should know I've just gone through pages and pages of Annabelle's posts, I also used the Search for TV talk.

I couldn't find the original Banshee. Anyway, I wanted you guys to know I couldn't find it so I started a new one.

I know some people get upset when people keep starting new ones. Am I a little hot(angry), yes, but at myself because I seem to be so @#$ illiterate when it comes to finding old posts.

NOW ABOUT MY beloved BANSHEE!

I just finished watching this weeks episode. I am sitting here (heart in hand). This is an amazing TV show!

Only watch it if you aren't squeemish! This is the bloodiest most amazing thing I've seen on TV. Only bloody because everyone get the #$% beaten out of them!

I love this show. It's definitely not for everyone!

You guys who like it as much as I do......if you haven't seen it....hold on to your hats...

Please post after you watch it.....

It's Sons of Anarchy on steroids.

Respected Contributor
They film this in my town.I started watching it but had too much on my reschedule. It's interesting to watch it being filmed and then see things on tv I see every day.
Super Contributor
Wow, what a roller coaster ride this last episode was! Just might be the best episode yet. DH and I love this show....and to think that we only started watching it because it is set in Amish country!
Honored Contributor

Am I the only person here who watches Banshee?  I'm beginning to think I am!

Anybody?

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

DH and I just started watching.  Believe this season is the last.  Like another poster earlier mentioned, filming was done in a town very near by (at least the last season filming).  

We mainly started watching because it was filmed locally.  I find it interesting and the filming and special effects are fantastic.  However, being honest, I feel they tried to pack it too full of violence, drugs, corruption, etc to be occurring in a small rural environment. 

May-be its just me, but I feel they could have really carried the story and stayed in production for a few more years if they had toned it down 

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny Well, it does get pretty ummmm.....graphic.  I can watch a show like this but I have never (and will never) watch any show like Walking Dead or even those saw movies, etc.

I don't know if you know this but when you watch it even though you think it is going off, stay with it because the actors come back on and talk about the show (especially this last year).

If you really want to know more about the characters and the plots go to the Banshee web site.  They do "back stories".  They are actually stories (by the actors) that tell the background of why some of these 'people' are in these relationships, how they interacted before, etc.

It's fascinating.  That's why I love this show.  There is a lot more to it than just what you see every week.

Honored Contributor

@birkin baby @Allegheny @Loveac Have you been watching the latest episodes of Banshee?

Wow!  This season is (I'm thinking).....something to think about!

Do you guys stay on with the show until the very end?  If you don't, you should.  Even after you think it's ended, it does go on.

Also, if you go to the website you can see a lot of the backstory for various episodes that they explain things they don't show on the TV show.

If you saw last weeks episode did you see the 'freaks'?  I saw an interview (maybe you saw it) where they were real freaks and most of them had never acted.  I have to wonder where they found so many of these people!!???

This is a show that stays with you long after every episode has ended and even after the entire show has ended.  

Even though I see these people laughing and joking with each other, the minute I see them together (acting their parts) I forget all about it.

How do any of you feel about this?  I'm curious.

Valued Contributor
Hi @Annabellethecat66. We've discussed Banshee a few times before. I fell behind and just finished last season but this is one show I like to binge watch which makes it better for continuity.

The last show was quite the blood bath even for them but thats part of the story. I'm going on vacation for a couple weeks so I'll watch when I get back. Unfortunately the dvr will be full by then. Will check it out online too.
Honored Contributor

OK, @ballyk sounds good.  I can just see someone tuning into this show for the first time!  Ha!  Definitely will not appeal to many people!

Check back when you get back from vacation.  

Honored Contributor

We've watched Banchee from the beginning. I really dislike this show. I watch it because we've seen it from its start and (thank goodness) its in its final season! This show isn't for the faint of heart? Ha! I guess you all haven't watched Game of Thrones! Now thats a good show! Banchee is so lame and unbelievable. It just goes from one fight scene to another. None of the characters are likeable. Its storyline line just keeps going and going and gets nowhere. Just my opinion of course but the finale can't come fast enough!

"Pure Michigan"