Honored Contributor

I have always made fun of people doing exiting posts, but I just want to make a point, for what it is worth!

I have really enjoyed posting on this forum over the years but lately, it appears some people are having a contest on posting the same thing over and over and not being considerate of others to see if the information has already been posted! Hijacking a discussion thread about a certain TV series and making it all about themselves!

I am sure many of you think I am a making a big to do about nothing, but to me it is not!

I've met many nice posters here over these years and I wish you all well in 2015!Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: Saying Goodbye to TV forums

I'm sorry your leaving Hooty. I enjoy reading all the threads here. I don't take offense if someone takes over a thread I started. As far as posting things that have been discussed before, sometimes maybe I don't scroll down enough or don't notice it already has a thread going. It is never intentional more of an oversight on my part.
Honored Contributor

Aw, (((Hooty))).{#emotions_dlg.wub} I hope you'll reconsider. As you know, I'm one of those who started a thread a couple of weeks ago (about "Call the Midwife") before realizing someone else (you) had an earlier one and I apologized.{#emotions_dlg.blushing} I read here often, seldom post, but I hope my mistake wasn't part of your decision to leave.

I know it's frustrating for people to derail a thread -- in my opinion it's inconsiderate. But it's an unfortunate part of a public forum, with a few people who aren't aware of the etiquette or standards, or don't care about etiquette or standards.

As for repeating things already posted by others, many people don't read all the threads and/or don't know how to use the "Search" feature.

Whatever you decide, I look forward to your posts whether they're here in the Entertainment sub-forums or in others.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Ah, the manifesto! Smiley Happy

Your feelings matter.

Wishing you well. I think you and I probably butt heads, but then there are lots of people I still like and respect with whom I don't always agree. That's being a grown up. A lot of people here seem to have such anger for those with whom they disagree and that's a shame.

Best!

Honored Contributor

Thanks ladies, maybe I just need a break from the forums!

Chickenbutt, we may have butt heads over the years, but I still respect your opinion!

DooBdoo, thank you, I needed that hug, LOL!

(((Jordan)))

Respected Contributor

I am sorry things like this bother you Hooty sometimes we don't see what the other person thread, sadly it is what catches the person eye, it is out of the control of all of us when that happens...

Please reconsider Hooty,

I wish we had a ping so we can alert those who want can know what someone is else is doing

I am guilty of not looking, and if it is soap related it should lead with the name those interested will stop, many long titles I skip or go back later...

Honored Contributor

Hooty, please don't go. When I was having my operation (and other times I seam ummm 'weird') you are one of the people who is always so kind to me.

If you could see me right now you'd see me stomping up and down, then I'd hold on to you, tears coming down asking you not to go.

For real. You add some of the most interesting and thought provoding posts here.

I hope I haven't been one of the one's to upset you. I try to find old(er) posts to go back and post on rather than start a new one, but don't have very good luck.

If I'm one of the one's who've upset you, I'm sorry. Please accept my apology and please don't leave.

Respected Contributor

I don't know how to say this but I wish we could enjoy each others company with out getting our feeling hurt...

Don't listen to the voice that is negative making us doubt it is always giving out bad faulty information...

In the world today we need to work hard to hold on to the good around us...

Valued Contributor

Not to be mean...it's not personal when someone starts a new thread. Happens all the time on other topics here on the Q Forums.
Esteemed Contributor

When I log into the forums, TV Talk is the first place I go. Although I don't participate in or agree with every comment in every thread, I enjoy reading the thoughts of the posters here. I'd hate to see anyone of you leave.