Super Contributor

DOOL Star Kyle Lowder Joining Cast As Y&R Kyle Abbott

According to a new report from Highlight Hollywood, The Young and the Restless may have already found their new Kyle Abbott. The website is reporting that Days of Our Lives alum and ex-Brady, Kyle Lowder is up for the part and being seriously considered for the role. Lowder appeared on the NBC soap Days of Our Lives as Brady Black from 2000-2005. Then he moved on to CBS soap Bold and the Beautiful and played the part of Rick Forrester from 2007-2011. Since his exit from B&B, the actor has been working on his classical music, and performing in a Broadway show in Las Vegas.

Honored Contributor

Re: DOOL Star Kyle Lowder Joining Cast As Y&R Kyle Abbott

I never cared for him on Days, something about his looks just never appealed to me, kind of sleazy.

Honored Contributor

Don't know who this person is, but I just read last week where they were bringing Kyle back, and were looking for someone!

Super Contributor

I think he would make a good Kyle. Wonder if he and Summer will get involved? They were getting close when it was discovered that Summer was actually Jack's daughter -- but we all know how that turned out!

Honored Contributor

Who is Kyle Abbott ?

Valued Contributor

Kyle is Jack's son he had with Diane. I'm not sure if Jack & Diane were married. Diane stole Jack's sp erm and then came Kyle.
Valued Contributor

Ugh. I'm not a fan. I remember him as Rick on B&B. Don't think he can act his way out of a wet paper bag. Hope Y&R decides on someone else.

Honored Contributor

So, here we go. This is going to make friction between Summer and her husband. You watch.

Honored Contributor

On 12/17/2014 MathisFan said:

Ugh. I'm not a fan. I remember him as Rick on B&B. Don't think he can act his way out of a wet paper bag. Hope Y&R decides on someone else.

Oh, I hated him on B&B! After one of my hiatus' from the show, I came back when he was playing Rick when Rick was pretending to be paralyzed. Brooke was babying him and he could do no wrong in her eyes. IMO, he couldn't really act....not many facial expressions....a blank look. Guess he and Summer might get close again.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor