Esteemed Contributor

Do any of you remember how St Nick used to make an appearance every year to help Phillip and Beth's relationship??? I don't know what made me think of that, it was many years ago, but I always loved those cute scenes at Christmas time.

Trusted Contributor
I remember Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

I remember. Gosh I miss that show especially around Christmas time.......

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I remember, too! Phillip and Beth were in New York, and she drew sketches for money. The sidewalk Santa offered to help them.

Last summer I stewed quite a bit about CBS's daytime programming. Smiley Sad Can't believe they dropped As the World Turns and Guiding Light for those talk shows! I'd much rather watch the soaps than talk tv.

Honored Contributor

wildcat, I totally agree with you. Then they change all of the Dr shows (I guess people felt like we did, rather watch our Soap shows).

I often wonder who gets asked about dropping some of these shows. Looking back on some of these old, old soaps I think the acting is much better now than way back.

One thing that was funny. I watched a scene played out with Brock and Mrs Chancellor (his Mom) it said right after her face lift (but she looked fine) and it showed a close up of her hugging and kissing his cheek and her nails were sooooooo long they looked like claws!

I know she was known for her long nails but these were unbelievably long. She was pressing on his cheek and I though it was going to start bleeding! So strange.

The way they talk about Mrs. Chancellor now like she was a Saint, people forget how she was often down right evil. Do any of you remember some of the terrible things she did over the years?

She and Jill went so far back. I remember the first Jill. I was very upset when they changed Jills (contract dispute, I think). But I grew to like the next and now Jill.

What are some of your thoughts on past versus present?

Trusted Contributor

Yes I remember and I loved him, he came around several years and looked real. I love the early Beth and Phillip what a lovely love story. I also remember the first jill those shows were so good and fresh,miss them. I actually watched Guiding light when I was a kid with my mother, think it was only 15 minutes then, remember Bert Baur,and papa Bauer>? Tucka.

Valued Contributor
I grew up watching GL with my mom. We always enjoyed the Christmas episodes with Nick. Thanks for refreshing that memorySmiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor
I actually started with it on radio. Does anyone here remember the days of radio and no TV? Then watch GO AND ATWT BOTH TILL THEY WENT OFF AIR. Back when you could not record, then VHS CAME IN.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the wonderful memory. Used to watch during school breaks and it was all about Philip and Beth. Going to work with a smile on my face.

Esteemed Contributor
Wonder what ever happened to the actors on there? I don,t watch soaps anymore, but in flipping channels, I have seen Carlie from ATWT on another soap and one of the actress from GL on another, but don,t know what one.