Esteemed Contributor

Peter Pan Live - anyone watching tonight?

My co-worker just reminded me. I hadn't planned on watching, but heard good things about Christopher Walken's Hook that I think I'll tune in. Anyone else watching live?
Honored Contributor

Re: Peter Pan Live - anyone watching tonight?

I'm planning on watching. However if it's a snooze fest I'll watch some other shows I planned on DVR'ing.
Honored Contributor

I'd like to watch but if the commercials get to be too frequent and long I will probably turn it off.

Honored Contributor

I think the whole concept of that show is creepy. I thought that back when Mary Martin was playing Peter.

Esteemed Contributor

Will be watching to see Christopher Walken sing and dance. He started on Broadway so I think this will be a treat.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Have no interest in Peter Pan. Last year loved Sound of Music.

Esteemed Contributor

I love The Sound of Music, both the movie and the musical. However last year, I was not impressed with Carrie Underwood. She can sing, but can't act.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I watched for a half hour and am out!
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/4/2014 jordan2 said: I watched for a half hour and am out!

LOL - I don't blame you. It's not awful, just dated. A little chaotic. Alison (?) Williams is surprisingly good, even with a fake English accent. Guess I thought her voice would be weaker, but I like her.

Ha at the slightly inappropriate "Night at the Museum" commercial - not totally family friendly.

Anyways, still wishing they would have done something more modern. "Wikked" (spelling for word not allowed) is only a dream. If they still want to go child friendly, seems like Disney could wring a few more dollars out of "Beauty and the Beast". Really don't understand why they only do what's already been done.

Regular Contributor

I'm watching now. Allison Williams is NBC Newscaster, Brian Williams daughter. She's pretty good. Didn't care for Christopher Walken as Hook. I thought Cyril Richard in the old 1950's Mary Martin production was the best Captain Hook. This new one is not a bad production. If anyone wondered like me as to why they use women to play Peter Pan, here's the answer:

http://www.people.com/article/why-peter-pan-played-by-w