Regular Contributor

What Is Your Favorite Christmas Commercial?

I'm not fond of any commercials, however, the one Christmas commercial that has been on for years is the Hershey Kisses commercial where they're little bells ringing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas." Simple. And it's one I favorably remember. I think some of them want us to remember the product, but we do in a negative way since the commercial is obnoxious. Let's just talk NICE commercials if one can use that adjective with commercials!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Christmas Commercial?

I can't say it's a favorite, but I was just looking at a story about the best commercials of the year. One was a Christmas commercial for Apple. Anyways, it showed different vignettes of a family celebrating the holiday together and a teen boy in the background on his phone. Then, at the end of the commercial, the boy played the video that he was making for the family. The commercial is called "Misunderstood" and apparently won several awards.
Honored Contributor

My all time favorite one is the one (don't think they show it anymore) where the young man just came home from college (there's another version where he comes home from Vietnam) and his Mom smells the coffee (I think Maxwell House).

I love that one. I also love all of the Hallmark Christmas commercials. I am hoping they will play them this season.

I guess I have a better chance of seeing them if I go on the Hallmark channel.

I don't like Christmas Day, but I love the days building up to Christmas. The commercials (Christmas ones) are a part of it for me. Gets me in the mood.

Trusted Contributor

always Budweiser with the horses...always....and I too like the Hershey kisses playing the song...cute....usually my favorites are always with animals....cats or dogs....

Respected Contributor

I like the Target commercials that feature the children with Spot the Target dog...the one where they are building him a "gingerbread dog house"...also, the one where the children decorate the bottom half of the tree because that's all they can reach and Spot comes in with the star that supposed to go on top.{#emotions_dlg.wub} Annabelle, if you happen to read this...from one Y & R fan to another, you are invited to our thread in the Pet Lovers forum about the show.

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

I always like the Budweiser ones with the horses.

This year I like the one where the father is taking his son in the car, telling him how his father did this too. The kid is not paying any attention, obvious he has better things to do. The father takes him to a farm and the kid sees a reindeer fly and runs to tell his father. The father is walking away with a look on his face, remembering when he saw it for the first time with his father.

It's a short commercial, maybe 30 seconds for Kohls.

I don't know how to get the link to work but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf2xLK91Yco

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

C. Cola hillside commercial, christmas version with the candles. "I'd like to teach the world to sing..."

Super Contributor

Kmart with the ding-a-lings.

Honored Contributor

My current favorite of the new commercials this year (though it also drives me slightly nuts as I can't get the song out of my head) is the Cadillac one where "My baby drove up in a brand new Cadillac." I'm not sure how much I like the commercial, but that song keeps echoing in my head for hours after hearing it.

My all time favorite would also have to be the Coca Cola "I'd like to teach the world to sing" commercial. That was just a nearly perfect commercial.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Every since I was a kid--the Norelco Santa riding over the snow on an electric razor.