Respected Contributor

How To Get Away With Murder - SPOILERS included

I was more than a little confused about who killed Sam last night. Was is Wes with the final blow with the trophy?

Also, did Annalise know he did it. She was sitting at the desk when he came back and said he was sorry to Sam. Was she really there?

Sometimes I don't know what's real or not on this show! Hope someone can clear it up for me!{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Valued Contributor

Re: How To Get Away With Murder - SPOILERS included

Hi Lainey - I do watch this show and last night I watched it with my BFF - while my jaw dropped at the end when Annalise appeared, my friend said she thinks that maybe Wes was imagining what Annalise would say if she was there and saw the killing. Now I'm not sure! I read the TV Recap thread and it said that Wes is the killer and said Annalise was there - it just didn't show her at the time of the murder, but how can that be? Did she lurk in the background and then show up after Wes killed her husband?

I guess we'll have to wait until it returns January 29th and since the season finale is the end of February, they'll either wrap up everything or else leave us hanging again until it returns in the fall of 2015.

The other thing I didn't get was, near the end of the program, Annalise had the entire group there, waiting for the police to talk about "her missing husband" - so not sure about that either! The person who writes the TV Recap thread for this show also said they do not think Sam actually was the one who killed Lila.

So many questions to answer!! I'm anxious to hear others chime in on this thread to hear their thoughts.

Honored Contributor

Wes did deliver the final blow that killed Sam so technically he is the nurderer. They all thought Sam was dead from the fall but after laying there for a while, he came to and immediately went for Rebecca. Wes grabbed the statute and hit Sam over the head to stop him from attacking Rebecca.

I think Annalise was there when Wes returned for the statute. The first time they showed the scene, they cut away. At the end, they showed the entire scene. After Annalise and the detective finished, Annnalise went home even though she had told him that she ws going to a hotel. I think after Wes left or maybe while he was still there, Annalise made that call to Bonnie saying that she thought Sam may have done something to himself. That call was to help set up her alibi; by that time she knew Sam was dead. Annalise and Wes must have taken a few minutes to strategize. She may have been the one who told him he needed to destroy the files Rebecca had copied from Sam's computer. I think that Annalise may also have made the call to Sam's phone after she knew he was dead because she rambled on for a long time about how much she loved him and wanted him to forgive her for what she had said to him earlier. When I was listening to that, it didn't make sense because she had just told the dectective it was over and then a short while later, she was ready to take Sam back.

These are initial thoughts. After I watch again, I may have some changes or additions. Looking forward to reading others' thoughts.

OP thanks for starting this thread.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

Apparently Wes did deal the final blow but no one is sure when Annalise got back to the house and how much she saw ( I read the recap). I assume Annalise was there when Wes went to get the statue and told Wes to burn the body and then he joined the others with that idea. Obviously that phone call to Sam was an alibi as was her love making to her policeman and her call to Bonnie.

What was up with Bonnie having s@x with everyone that night??????

Where did that engagement ring go??

Why did they cut the body up?? That was gruesome and done by the one who puked.

How much does Frank know?

Does Annalise EVER LOCK HER FRONT DOOR???

Trusted Contributor

So much to think about.... however, I think Annalise is planning how to get away with murder.... sound familiar?

Esteemed Contributor

Super Contributor

Thanks for starting this thread, Lainey! I was so confused when I saw the last few minutes! I thought that Annalise had blood on her when she was sitting at the desk and that's why I thought that she killed Sam! I know Wes struck Sam with the statue, but then wasn't sure that he was the actual killer! (Still could be Annalise!). Wow!!
Respected Contributor

I need to watch it again.

Talk about a fake phone call to Sam from Annalise. Can't they trace where her phone call came from like cell phone towers. She hated him.

Who killed Lila...

Where's the ring...

What was on Sam's computer that was so important...

Why cut up the body if they threw it in the fire...

How long will it take the police to find Sam's body. There can't be a trial without a body.

Wasn't Bonnie with one of the students in bed...

I'm surprised they are coming back this soon after the finale.

I had thought all along that Sam died accidently at first but I think Wes did the final blow not Annalise.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused with this episode! I need to watch it again too.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

Well, we all have 2 months to watch it again On Demand or online, I think I will wait a little while to watch, closer to when it returns on 1/29