Super Contributor

CSI Crime Scene Investigation

So here in the Northeast the football game is over on CBS. All programming is pushed ahead an hour. It looks like CSI won't be shown tonite based on what the announcers have said. Does anyone know if it wasn't shown last Sunday either? I tried dvr'ing last week's episode, but it appears that it wasn't on that nite. Does anyone know? Thanks!
Trusted Contributor

Re: CSI Crime Scene Investigation

My mom watches CSI and mentioned a few days ago that it wasn't shown last week due to football. That stinks it's happening again this week!

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

I'm on the West Coast and last week's episode was a repeat, I guess because it wasn't going to be shown in some of the time zones.

Esteemed Contributor

It was not shown last week and we were supposed to get that episode tonight. hmmmm

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

I also read a few days ago online that they are cutting the episodes to 13 instead of the usual 20 or so. Sounds like this good show is biting the dust also, as they need to make way for the younger generation and what they want to see, so I'm told. TV has gotten very dumb down except for the few that are hard to understand and some of us have to put on close caption to understand what they are saying as they walk and talk and the loud music takes over.

Was watching TV land for an hour today and the Crosby show. So elegant, classy and funny. No four letter words, except Love. They all, especially Mom and Dad Crosby dressed great for the time. Women and men dressed for respect for themselves and others back in the day.

Women never wore sweats unless going out to run in the 80's and 90's. Tights showing every curve of a voluptuous body was not shown. We were embarrassed to dress with tights unless going to the gym. Nothing wrong with a full figure, but who wants to see every curve and roll as the person is walking away.? Oh well. Have to have change, oh yes we do.

Honored Contributor

This is the same thing I've been complaining about. They continue to take us for granted. Us being the audience.

This is a youth driven country. The millennial generation is supposed to be the largest generation since the baby boomers (that would be me, 68 soon). They are the one's the TV directs all of their shows to. My youngest daughter fits into that age group.

I will save this rant for another time except to say that the article also mentioned that this generation is the one that has lost hope, more of them lives at home, more of them get money from their parents (or other family members) and so on.....

Yet, these are the people all of these TV shows are directed toward? This is stupid. Like I said, I'll rant another day (there's more).

Honored Contributor

I just switched over because it's 10:00 and I thought I'd missed 1/2 hour of "The Good Wife". Well, it had not started yet. So, here's what I do. I set the DVR up to copy The Good Wife which should have come on at 9:30 DS Time, but still isn't on. I assume it will start at 10:00, which means CSI will come on at 11:00 which is when the news usually comes on, then at 11:00 will come CSI and then the news.

Just to be sure I am DVRing all of it. Phew! None of this makes sense.

Why does there have to be 2 football games on on Sunday evenings?

Honored Contributor

Smiley Sad One of our favorite shows, we DVR most of the TV we watch and tried to watch last weeks show last night and it was not there. Just checked last night and the same thing.

They canceled CSI NY and are now messing with the last show of the "franchise"

Now at least I know what is going on thanks all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

Hi Everyone! Thanks for your replies! I tried to log back on last nite, but for some reason wasn't able to.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I think the network just isn't airing CSI b/c it's so late with the football over-run, and not b/c it's in trouble. (at least I hope!) I know that that episode is not available on On Demand either, so we'll just have to continue to wait for it! Wish they hadn't moved it from Thurs nites!!

Honored Contributor

You would think by now CBS would realize that a football game is never over in 3 hours! Even if CSI had come on at 10:30 like it should it would be over at 11:30 on the east coast where I live. I'm sorry but that is a half over past my bedtime! They could cut out 60 Minutes for all I care but I once read that CBS would never do that because that show pays the bills.