Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry this show is ending next week.

I have enjoyed it from the beginning and loved all the characters. Although to be truthful as much as I like Ray Ramono I didn't think he fit in with Sara.

I shall miss it.

Jamma

Super Contributor
I don't think next week is the series finale, I think it gets a whole season. I really love this show, but am disappointed in this season. It seems like in past seasons all the characters and/or families had story lines and were seen in every episode. Last nights episode didn't show Julia(or her family) or the parents. It seems like there isn't much family togetherness this season, to me that's what always made the show so great. I'll miss it when it's done.
Trusted Contributor

There are 13 episodes. Episode 6 was aired last night. One of the contingencies for this final season's renewal was not every actor could be in every episode, due to budget reasons.

P.S. Hi Jamma! I'm not in Bergen County, but not too far away. Always nice seeing fellow New Jerseyans on the QVC boards. Smile

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

Thanks ladies I really couldn't see how they could wrap it all up next week.

Ellabell I agree with you---I miss the family gatherings. I like Blue Bloods for that reason. It's a cop show --but there are family scenes.

Stargazer, Hi neighbor.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed that show too. I like Ray Romano but I found his character irritating. I know he always tried, but I just didn't like the character.

I'm going to miss the show. So, I don't understand. Is next week the end of the show? I guess the cast is too big for a cable show to pick it up.

These large TV shows are expensive to put on. Many of these characters probably get paid pretty good money. Maybe it just got too expensive.

It was nice to have a change over from people having s^e, X or killing each other. Hey! I do watch those shows, but I like nice shows like Parenthood also.

Probably junk will replace. it. Unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

I also have watched this show from the beginning. In retrospect it's almost a minor miracle that it survived this long. It alway had an abbreviated scheduled. Then it would disappear for months and reappear with little fanfare. Through all of that the show managed to tackle some very relative and sometimes controversial topics and we have seen almost all of the children and grandchildren evolve.

I am not a Ray Romano fan but have enjoyed seeing him play the "Hank" character. Last year because of his friendship with Max, Hank realized that he has Asperger Syndrome. Knowing that has given him the power to make some much neeeded changes in his behavior and the way he treats people. When a show can incorporate things like this into its storyline, it also educates us. So sorry to see Parenthood come to an end.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

I have found that I like this show more each season, very sorry to see it end... too bad because it is probably the only good, moral and decent show on t.v. now....everything is just so very over the top, too much s+x, violence, swearing, drugs, murder, well, you get what I mean.....it was nice to sit down and watch a show about family again!!!

Wish it could last another couple of years....I love "Everybody loves Raymond" I watch re-runs that I have seen many times and still laugh out loud when it's Ray and Robert and Marie!!!!! But have not enjoyed Ray on this show, he just seems so old for Sarah....he's like an old man on the show.....

They are saying someone is going to die, you would think it will be the dad, with the heart problems, but I bet we are in for a huge surprise....but I don't know who it will be..

I really want Julia and her husband to get back together....really want it to happen...

Honored Contributor

We went through a period when there were more shows like this on TV. It seems topic of shows goes in waves.

I guess we are entering the ""no family shows"".

Super Contributor
This series has looked interesting to me, but I never really watched it. I'm hoping that I can find the seasons (maybe at my library) and binge watch!
Honored Contributor

One reason I always like this show is because I've always felt like the major characters UNDER-ACT (in capital letters, I know) but these days everything is so over the top, it's nice to see a show where the characters act like normal people.

Not always screaming and shouting and cursing, etc. They get angry, sure but they don't start spouting out obscenities at each other constantly.

Sometimes it's a real downer, watching so many of these people struggling about money. (They would have you believe that all of these generations have money problems). Doesn't anyone in this family make any money? That bothers me.

However, I will miss seeing this show. They have excellent actors and the writing is good.