Frequent Contributor

Lisa and Project Runway All-Stars

I just realized that Lisa Robertson is going to be a guest judge on the new season of Project Runway All-Stars again. I didn't realize QVC is the sponsor of the accessory wall this season. New season airs tonight. Wondering why Lisa got to guest judge again and not another QVC host. I'm curious if the challenge will be for another outfit for her to wear on QVC. It'll have to happen fast if it is. (I still think she might be next season's new host. Just pure speculation on my part! But since Alyssa Milano quit her other acting job to focus on family, she might want to leave Project Runway also.)
Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa and Project Runway All-Stars

gag me

Honored Contributor

QVC is providing part of the prize for the winner. PR Allstars was obviously taped prior to Lisa's decision to leave.

I watched tonight and Milano should have been replaced after the horrible job she did last season.

Esteemed Contributor

I was surprised that Alyssa Milano was returning, but they've had such a revolving door of hosts on that show that they've never had time to get their footing and get comfortable. So, maybe she'll be less stiff this season. I'll watch todays show this weekend - is she still required to introduce the judge as the "beautiful Georgina Chapman"? That was always weird!!

Anyways, just wanted to say that my understanding (from what I've read) is that Alyssa quit her Mistresses job was because it was moving to another city and she didn't want to move her family. Considering she did PR All Stars when she was 8 months pregnant (she gave birth 2 weeks after the finale was filmed), I think she would come back if asked.

Frequent Contributor

Milano is the third host they've had so far. I could see them wanting to change it up but who knows, I don't think she does that great of a job. All-Stars finished filming at the end of August well before Lisa announed her departure. I like Lisa, just wondering why QVC didn't give another qvc host a chance at guest judging since she had already done it. Wonder who will now become qvc's chosen "fashion expert".
Honored Contributor

Interesting thing about Lisa. My friends (who never watch QVC) and my daughter who gets QVC from me but doesn't ever watch it all knew who Lisa was.

They were all surprised she was leaving QVC. I didn't think they knew or cared. They don't care but probably the word surprise would be a better idea.

Super Contributor

Gag me too. Lisa is NOT a fashion icon. I just can't get over how so many think she is.

Alyssa Milano is someone who I really like, but not as a host on this show. I don't know why but she sort of ruins it for me. And I don't know where they find some of these other people who host things - like that gal on Threads. She is awful and not fashionable in any way that I can see.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Honored Contributor

It's my understanding Alyssa is only leaving Mistresses because the taping is being moved to Canada and she didn't want to uproot her family. She's not quitting acting or tv altogether.

Regular Contributor

I like Lisa. She is a business savvy woman and has her own line of clothing and accessories. I am going to miss her when she is gone. I love her LRS show and her Christmas shows. Not that I buy the style for myself but I enjoy listening to her fashion sense.