Honored Contributor

I Have Something To Confess.....Am I The Only One Who Does This?

OK, here's what I've gotten in the habit of doing.....I'm embarrassed.....I stop a show (it can be any show, one of my favorites, recently Scandal) and maybe a day or two later go back to it.

I stop it because I don't like the way it's going (the direction). In Scandal, I stopped the DVR because I was upset because I didn't want Jake to be killed......I thought...."No, I won't watch it, maybe I can handle it at another time".

I don't know if he died, haven't watched it yet. Will need to do it soon before it comes back on.

I feel like in life there are so many things that happen that we can't control. I feel like I can control this.....but I know I can't for real.....

So, come on guys......fess up.....am I the only one who does this?

Does this make me a wuss (I made up that word)? Does that make me a dufus? Come on I can take it?

Anybody out there in TV land do that or am I the only one? I've gotten terrible about it.

I do pay in the end though because several times I've forgotten and deleted the thing BEFORE I got back to it. Ahhhhhh! In the end I'm not so smart!

Honored Contributor

Re: I Have Something To Confess.....Am I The Only One Who Does This?

Come on people......I see you looking......fess up.....yes or no?

Respected Contributor

annabelle, you are too funny! But no, I never do this. I fast forward through a lot of stuff (especially if I think something is going to turn violent) but I don't just stop watching. I DVR just about everything so I CAN fast forward through stuff

Trusted Contributor

Like smokymtngal, I fast forward through stuff I don't think I'm going to like.

Honored Contributor

I am an FF and turn it off quick girl myself!

Respected Contributor

No, I have never even thought of doing this. It is what it is, just TV. Whatever bad happens, something good will happen too.

Honored Contributor

No, I like to watch a complete show and be done with it, so I have time to view all my shows during the week.

Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 annabellethecat said:

OK, here's what I've gotten in the habit of doing.....I'm embarrassed.....I stop a show (it can be any show, one of my favorites, recently Scandal) and maybe a day or two later go back to it.

I stop it because I don't like the way it's going (the direction). In Scandal, I stopped the DVR because I was upset because I didn't want Jake to be killed......I thought...."No, I won't watch it, maybe I can handle it at another time".

I don't know if he died, haven't watched it yet. Will need to do it soon before it comes back on.

I feel like in life there are so many things that happen that we can't control. I feel like I can control this.....but I know I can't for real.....

So, come on guys......fess up.....am I the only one who does this?

Does this make me a wuss (I made up that word)? Does that make me a dufus? Come on I can take it?

Anybody out there in TV land do that or am I the only one? I've gotten terrible about it.

I do pay in the end though because several times I've forgotten and deleted the thing BEFORE I got back to it. Ahhhhhh! In the end I'm not so smart!

I'm truly baffled by your "need to confess" this ........ did you think you were withholding something that we needed to know about? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

Tink, you're taking my post way too seriously. What I wanted to know is if others (those who watch a lot of TV like I do, or just enjoy TV, like I do) stop watching something that's been DVR'd because they didn't like the way it was going.

Also, sometimes I don't go back to finish watching it. I simply wondered if others here do or have done that.

If more was read into it, then I'm obviously an even worse communicator than I though.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I've honestly never had the urge to do this. Truly.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett