Super Contributor

British Crime Drama "Wire in the Blood" Being Adapted for ABC

By Matt Webb Mitovich / tvline.com | October 27 2014, 9:42 AM PDT

Wire in the Blood

A Statestide adaptation of the award-winning British psychological crime drama Wire in the Blood is being developed for ABC by Endemol Studios (H*ll on Wheels) and ABC Studios.

Based on characters created by Scottish novelist/crime writer Val McDermid, Wire in the Blood follows Elizabeth Chase (played on the ITV series by Hermione Norris), a police detective who recruits Dr. Tony Hill (originally played by Robson Green), an unconventional clinical psychologist who has a talent for catching killers before they are able to strike again. Hill does so by analyzing both victim and killer, demonstrating empathy for both sides.

A.M. Homes (The L Word) is attached to pen the adaptation and serve as an executive producer alongside Mandeville’s David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Laurie Zaks, and Coastal Productions’ Sandra Jobling.

“Bringing the iconic character Tony Hill to American audiences has been a passion of ours for a number of years,” reads a statement from Hoberman, Lieberman and Zaks. “We are thrilled to be partnering with the Endemol Studios team on this exciting endeavor.”

==============================================

This sounds very interesting. Let's hope it won't be another case of the Broadchurch-to-Gracepoint conversion for American viewers, wherein stalwart fans of the former simply can't abide the latter.

Super Contributor

Re: British Crime Drama ""Wire in the Blood"" Being Adapted for ABC

LOVE this show. Can't imagine an adaptation doing it justice. Robson Green was amazing.

Get the DVD's or watch the originals on Netflix or whatever.

Valued Contributor

Trying to adapt another British show when there's such a dismal record, apparently including Gracepoint. I agree, watch the original.
Honored Contributor

I think if I want to see it, I'll also watch the original. Tried watching Gracepoint and couldn't.

Super Contributor

It is an extremely dark drama and Robson Green plays the part of the not quite normal doctor to perfection. Not for the squeamish.

Honored Contributor

I agree, linders. So is Robson Green going to be in our version, too?

Esteemed Contributor

I watched this series with Robson Green. Someone here recommended it. Why do they have to change things! LM