Esteemed Contributor

Still liking The Paradise? Not a spoiler

I wasn't liking it for a few episodes (the French woman with the unintelligible accent for one). But the last few are bringing me back. Anyone still watching?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: Still liking The Paradise? Not a spoiler

I'm watching, loving it. That Frenchwoman-what the heck was that all about? The Frenchwoman with the Denise Darcel accent. Let's just keep it to the original cast, no more new people, ok? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

YES, of course I am still watching ............. but there is no Episode 3, they say it was too expensive to produce and not enough watchers ........... I don't understand why!

Frequent Contributor

There won't be a Season 3 which was determined last year. It was too costly to produce each episode and when Mr Selfridges started, BBC decided they didn't want 2 similar shows based on dept. stores. So far I'll take what I can get of The Paradise I think there is a total of 8 episodes for Season 2.
Honored Contributor

Did you see the opulence of the Paradise? The bureaus, all those lavish furnishings, chandeliers, linens! I said to my DH, this must have been VERY costly to produce. Then you have the horses and the costumes, the homes. Yes, I can see it being very expensive to make.

There was a show called Homefront that ran for about two years in '91. Wonderful show. John Slattery was in it (Mad Men). But it was set in the 1940s and one day it was just gone-said too much to produce. The cars I think put them over the edge, hahaha. Very unfortunate. I can also see how hard it was with those rolled hair styles I loved so much, and the right cosmetics and looks. I guess they figured it wasn't worth it. But it was.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not liking Moray being so underhanded now. The woman who plays Catherine is a fantastic actress, isn't she?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I was going to post about the Paradise this morning, to see if I was the only one still watching!

My opinion of Moray has changed as well, he is jealous of Denise and I am afraid Catherine is going to control him!

Honored Contributor

I don't think he is jealous of Denise. I think all those strange looks he gets on his face are because of guilt and how he is deceiving her with Catherine. He should have told her. And I think Catherine is wonderful. The dignity and demeanor of this woman is incredible. Also, I'd really love it if Moray would speak above a whisper once in a while. I've been seeing Denise in a number of shows lately-one being Ms. Marple but I forget what else.

Respected Contributor

I just started watching, really like it! So this is the last season? Too bad...
Esteemed Contributor

I watched season 1 on Netflix and have been watching season 2 each Sunday night. I like it enough to watch until the end of the series. The theme music gets stuck in my head, though. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

My husband is not at all into anything Masterpiece {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}, but he watched one episode with me. We both think the actress who plays Catherine strongly resembles Danica Patrick of auto racing.

I also enjoyed watching Death Comes to Pemberley on PBS immediately following The Paradise.