Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone watch this program? She did a program this week on North Dakota (Williston) and their growing economy. She also pointed out the negatives concerning this economy. It was very interesting. Sean Hannity goes on and on about the low unemployment in this state. This is true but life is very different. They make good money but do not have housing available. If housing is available, you will be paying what you do in New York. Also, they are having trouble with s' x trafficking and drugs. She is such a good journalist. I really enjoy her.

Honored Contributor

I watch some of her shows. I recently saw her show on Geniuses. (That's the correct spelling of the word (plural). Words are interesting, aren't they?

Anyway, some said my Dad was a genius. I don't really know. I have relatives (grandchildren and sons-in-law) who are above average intelligence.

I suggest if anyone has any interest in the subject they look up her show and watch this episode It is (as some would say) 'food for thought'.

Java, you might especially find it interesting.

Honored Contributor

I watched the episode on the problem of extreme drug abuse in Salt Lake City's mostly Mormon community. I used to watch a similar series she had on the OWN network. I believe it was called Our America.

Honored Contributor

Yes collie, I used to watch that also. If you like her work you should look up this episode from the other night.

She starts out showing her husband and her beautiful little girl. Her husband is (I believe she said, a Dr).

I usually delete everything from my DVR right after I watch it, but this show I've saved because I find it fascinating.

Valued Contributor
On 10/23/2014 colliemom3 said:

I watched the episode on the problem of extreme drug abuse in Salt Lake City's mostly Mormon community. I used to watch a similar series she had on the OWN network. I believe it was called Our America.

Yes, it was called "Our America"--I really liked this show, and when I heard she was going to CNN, I was hoping it would be a similar program. AND it is! Lisa does a great job showing the positives and negatives of each subject, plus shows her own empathy. I've enjoyed every one so far and highly recommend her show!

Esteemed Contributor

Something about Lisa Ling has always bugged me, can't put my finger on why. Wasn't she the one who was on the View ages ago?

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy Lisa's "view" on things.... and she did co-host the View. I think she tries to tell her stories from several angles.... and she did show her hubby and little girl on one of her programs. I thoroughly enjoy many of her shows. If the subject matter isn't something I want to see, I just tune in next week. I have enjoyed all of the CNN ones so far. Lisa has a soft way of getting information....

Honored Contributor

I have not heard of 'My Life with Lisa Ling'. Is it from her husband's POV? I did watch some of the episodes of her 'Our America' show on the OWN network and enjoyed that. She is very pleasant to watch.

Super Contributor
I watched Our America too. Hadn't heard of this new program.
Valued Contributor
On 10/25/2014 cyndog said: I watched Our America too. Hadn't heard of this new program.

If you liked THAT show, you will like her NEW show--it is very similar.