Esteemed Contributor

CBS New Access App and a Fee

This maybe OT. CBS is now charging a monthly fee to view any new program on a tablet or a smartphone. It will only be a matter of time before the other networks are doing the same.

Honored Contributor

Re: CBS New Access App and a Fee

Thanks for letting us know. I don't watch TV on a computer, but I think people should be able to if they want to.

As I've said many, many times....this is fast becoming a Nation of Have's and Have Not's, unfortunately.

One day there won't be anything that doesn't cost a lot of money.

Respected Contributor

On 10/20/2014 annabellethecat said:

Thanks for letting us know. I don't watch TV on a computer, but I think people should be able to if they want to.

As I've said many, many times....this is fast becoming a Nation of Have's and Have Not's, unfortunately.

One day there won't be anything that doesn't cost a lot of money.

I posted an article on Q of the changing world of TV, it has gotten to greedy and things will be made more accessible for the have not's change is moving very fast I wish the article could have stayed up because it talked about things in communication, but it also was sell stock but the arguments were very timely how cable is going to be left behind...

Super Contributor

i hope it will be just for those devices. i just watched B&B like i always do if i miss it the day before without a problem!

Super Contributor

I had Cox cable here yesterday to change out my DVR box and he was telling me soon even basic cable will require having a box, for a fee of course. What a racket and unfortunately living in a rural, wooded area, Cox is the only company that works in my area.

I was thinking yesterday at that time I will drop cable and stream but if the networks are going to be charging...??? geeze

Respected Contributor

Right now I can still watch shows for free just not the latest episodes you have to wait a week. I think that app for 5.99 a month is going to allow you to stream your local cbs station also. CBS is one of the networks that doesn't have a lot of their shows on Hulu+ like nbc, abc, and fox. Cbs does have some of its shows on amazon prime.

Trusted Contributor

Before panicking and complaining, please look up the facts on the service.

Honored Contributor

For those of us who watch the Big Brother live feeds the new app could save us money. At $5.99 a month for the app (which reportedly will include the live feeds) you're looking at spending around $18 for the three months of the live feeds as opposed to $20-$30 you pay now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

There are a lot of things that goes on behind the scenes that regular news never reports (too busy talking about useless junk).

Do you have any idea how many people (in this age) have no idea who our Vice President is or what he looks like (very sad).

Anyway, I know some people may think that Java cries wolf often, but the fact is that if you just look around you can see the writing on the wall.

The way I put it is simply we are going lightning speed into a world of 'have's and have not's. Those that have plenty of money will be able to do way more things than those who don't.

You can see it in health care now (Concierge medicine) for those who can afford to pay thousands of dollars for full access to a Dr. vs Medicare patients being dropped by their Drs.

It's all sad to me. I've been on both sides of this. You never forget what it was like to be on the have not side.

The middle class is shrinking quicker than any time in our history. It is no longer growing, it's shrinking.

This is a simple thing. This TV thing. It's not 'life changing'. However, it is a sign and a symptom of things yet to come.