Honored Contributor

Anyone watching? Lots of characters, I'm trying to keep track. They said it would be a different ending, but they didn't say it was a different murderer-could be anything. I will continue to watch because I like David Tennant so much. Just don't like the copy cat thing from the British. Broadchurch was so much better. I wonder why they did this? If it's going to be a series, well, ok, at least we won't know the ending of the new episode. I really hope there is one.

Trusted Contributor
I'm watching it, Judaline, but I do feel it's just a pale imitation of Broadchurch. Because they added two extra episodes, this show just seems to drag, whereas Broadchurch was so suspenseful. The American actors aren't nearly as creepy and suspicious as the British ones, I feel (as an example, look at the two different Susan Wrights, the woman with the dog). But yet, I keep watching it. One thing I have noticed in this edition, is that all the men seem to have dark hair, and I am wondering if that plays into anything. I remember that there was some mistaken identity in the Broadchurch edition, due to physical characteristics. I won't go any further, so I don't spoil anything for those who did not watch Broadchurch.
Super Contributor

I am watching but I am in total agreement that is isn't as good as the BBC version, I actually wound up falling asleep during the last episode so I will have to watch on demand.

Honored Contributor

DVR'd it several times and just started again. Decided to delete it. I just can't keep up with my shows I want to watch.

Have to draw the line somewhere. You guys helped me decide to delete it. If you guys don't like it, it pushed me over to delete.

Thanks for giving me the push I needed. Annabelle...

Respected Contributor

Judaline, I'm still watching it. For David Tennant, of course, but also just to compare these characters with how they were portrayed in Broadchurch (which was so much better, in my opinion). I can't warm to Anna Gunn. I never watched Breaking Bad so I have no opinion of her acting skills, except as seen here. Olivia Coleman was so good in the role and she and David Tennant played off each other beautifully. In this version, Ellie is just kind of there.

I have read that they are changing the ending, but I wonder if they aren't just changing the motive. I am just not into any of the other stuff that's on Thursday night so I will keep watching this.

BTW, thanks for telling me what TTYTT stand for. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

smoky, ITA.

I read something you might get a chuckle out of-OR you might not like it. It was said lightheartedly so I know she meant no harm, but she said it makes her smile when someone refers to the Smokies as mountains. She said she lived out west for a time, and those mountains make the Smokies look like hills. I thought it was funny-do you think it's true?

Respected Contributor

Well, I've been to the Rockies and they don't call Denver the mile high city for nothing. Yes, the mountains out West are definitely higher and the scenery is breathtaking (Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, The Grand Canyon, etc). I think what makes them so special besides the height is that the air is so clear you get such an awesome feeling of space. The Smokies might be like hills in comparison but they are the highest point in the Eastern U. S. and they are very beautiful, especially this time of the year.

Back to Gracepoint. I know I'm comparing the actors to Broadchurch and most of them have fallen short, but I did like the little we saw of Nick Nolte. And they changed the story so Danny is not a paperboy but part of this Wildlife research group. That might play into the new ending. David Bradley was terrific in Broadchurch, but because the Nick Nolte part is different in Gracepoint, I'm really looking forward to how that develops.

Honored Contributor

Don't blink when Nick Nolte comes on-you might miss him. Is his name just for star attraction? He doesn't even have a part! But it's early yet. I still can't believe that's NN under all that shrubbery. He used to be so cute. Oh, well, so did I, LOL.

Respected Contributor

Judaline, I think Nick Nolte will have more screen time in the next few episodes. But he was the shopkeeper who told that reporter to get lost. I thought it was a little more than a "blink or you missed him" moment, but he sure does look different. By your post it sounds like maybe you didn't recognize him (?).

Respected Contributor

Wow. A lot happened in this episode. Apparently there is more to the Beth and Paul story. But I'm finding Beth very unlikeable. I'm not really fond of the actress, I guess.

The look on Carver's face when Ellie invited him to dinner was priceless (What will we talk about?).