Honored Contributor

Has anyone heard anything about Elisabeth Hasselbeck's health?

She has not been on the FOX morning show.

Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone heard anything about Elisabeth Hasselbeck's health?

I read they announced she had some sort of surgery but didn't want to go into what it was and she requested privacy.
Super Contributor

There's been nothing more recent; here's what Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY posted 9:59 am EDT October 16, 2014:

Elisabeth Hasselbeck off the air for 'some surgery'

Elisabeth Hasselbeck hasn't been in her usual spot on the Fox & Friends couch.

Why?

"In case you were wondering where Elisabeth is today and this week, well, she had some surgery yesterday and she's going to be out for a couple of weeks," her co-hostSteve Doocytold viewers on Wednesday.

Hasselbeck and former NFL quarterback Tim Hasselbeckhave three kids, Grace, 9, Taylor, 6, and Isaiah, 5. Last month, Hasselbeck marked her one-year anniversary on the morning show, after exiting The View.

Fellow F&F co-hostBrian Kilmeade added, "She is strong, she is tough, and a better athlete than me. We heard from her last night and she said she is feeling good. So, in a short time, she'll be back on the set."

RumorFix notes that she's "keeping quiet" about the issue.

UPI called it "mystery" surgery.

A show rep told The Wrap that Hasselbeck is asking for everyone to "respect her wishes for privacy."

Honored Contributor

I know her mother had breast cancer and I think Elisabeth has said before it was a concern for her. I wish her well and hope she has a speedy recovery.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always liked her and I had no idea she was sick. I hope she's ok~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

As a viewer, I like to be told why someone is off, but I can understand that some things are of a personal nature. Looking back on Joan River's death, I am sure the doctors knew right from the start that she would never come out of it, yet for a week we were told she was resting comfortably. While that wasn't a lie, it certainly did not describe her situation.

Super Contributor

I'm a bit leery when someone who advocates for a healthy diet and lifestyle suddenly is reported to have ""mystery surgery"".

Honored Contributor

On 10/18/2014 AuntG said:

As a viewer, I like to be told why someone is off, but I can understand that some things are of a personal nature. Looking back on Joan River's death, I am sure the doctors knew right from the start that she would never come out of it, yet for a week we were told she was resting comfortably. While that wasn't a lie, it certainly did not describe her situation.

Of course the doctors knew, but it was Melissa's decision as to what was released. I'm just surprised some horrible rag didn't get a photo of Joan on life support!

Respected Contributor

On 10/18/2014 AuntG said:

Joan Rivers Death: Was She Given Propofol Like Michael ...
Extra
Sep 5, 2014 - Was Joan Rivers Given the Same Anesthetic That Killed Michael Jackson? ... Insiders tell RadarOnline that Propofol, the anesthetic that killed ...
Honored Contributor

I just saw that said she wishes to have her privacy. I respect that. If she wants us to know her business, she'll tell us. Otherwise, other than wishing her well I don't think it's any of our business.

Many women have come out about their health issues. Probably others have not. It is a personal choice.

I respect that. I hope she and her family are well.