Esteemed Contributor

Last night (10-16), WOW!

Honored Contributor

Re: How To Get Away With Murder

Viola Davis, one heck of an actress, and one brave woman, the end was riveting. nice to see Eliz
Perkins again, always liked her.

Honored Contributor

I can't wait to watch it tonight on Demand!!!!

Honored Contributor

ABC advertised that the last nine words would shock you .... and they were right ..... I don't think I've ever heard THAT comment before .....

Trusted Contributor

I fell asleep last night and didn't hear the ending. But, I heard this morning what the last 9 words were and I was upset that I missed Viola saying it.

Honored Contributor

I DVRd it and will watch it sometime this weekend.

Super Contributor

(IF YOU WANT TO BE TOTALLY SURPRISED, DO NOT READ THS UNTIL AFTER YOU'VE WATCHED THE 10/16/2014 HTGAWM EP!)

WOW! That was powerful - even for ABC, historically a very lenient broadcast network in terms of allowable language and content, even at 10 PM. That's a good thing because realistically, it couldn't have been addressed any other way and still have been believable.

There are no words to adequately describe that incredible last scene in which Annalise Keating removed her wig, jewelry (including her wedding band) and furiously stripped off her makeup. Viola Davis conveyed anger, hurt, betrayal and murderous rage - all without uttering a single word. That's the hallmark of a truly accomplished actor. BRAVO! Davis locked up Golden Globes, SAG and Emmy nominations - if not outright wins - in those final five minutes of Thursday's HTGAWM ep.

Respected Contributor

It's okay for her to cheat but not him? Not reason enough to kill him but I'm sure there is more to the story. I do find her young student situation a bit creepy when she comes on to him. I wonder what happens there. Also the scene between her student and the guy in the office who committed suicide, that was a bit racy for 9 pm.

I missed the last few seconds, her husband didn't answer the question did he? I would love it she was being followed too which I think she is, by her students or someone else? I'm guessing she gets away with murder or there won't be a second season or it's all a dream.

Super Contributor

Interesting theories, luvmyteddy; let's see how they play out. It's almost a case of so many suspects, so little time. LOL!

Just to be clear, I'm in no way condoning adultery by either Sam or Annalise. I doubt that Annalise considers her dalliance with Det. Leahy an affair. She probably rationalizes/justifies using her "womanly wiles" as a means to an end. Even her near-seduction of puppy dog "Waitlist" Wes Gibbins is just another weapon in her arsenal: persuading him to keep his mouth shut about what he's seen and dangling the promise of a professorial perk like he's never experienced in his entire young life. Just a note: I'm not buying Wes' wide-eyed innocent routine unless he was born and reared in a plastic bubble inside a lab.

Since the pilot, I've been wondering exactly what's the deal with Bonnie Winterbottom (Liza Weil), one of Annalise Keating's two paid staffers. Has anyone else noticed a strange attraction that Bonnie has for Annalise? Is it professional admiration or is it something else? Often it appears as if she's romantically drawn to her employer. Add to the equation, the way she's always obsessively following/stalking Sam Keating and one must wonder if she's keeping tabs on him as ordered by Annalise, building a case of his serial infidelity, in hopes that Annalise will kick him to the curb, thus clearing the way for her?

Or could Bonnie simultaneously be enamored and disgusted by Sam? Is Bonnie trying to push Annalise over the edge? If Annalise's rage drove her to murder Sam and she's convicted and sent to prison, in Bonnie's misguided manner of thinking, perhaps she believes that with Annalise out of the picture, finally she and Sam could be together finally, although she's hardly the nubile young coed-type that typically catches his eye.

That's not so far-fetched considering this is a Shondaland production; we know how strange things can become on her various shows.

Another puzzlement: why doesn't Annalise have a professional private investigator working her cases. Instead she's using four 1-Ls. Obviously these first year law students have other academic responsibilities, as Michaela Pratt kept reminding the group of their impending Torts exam. Where do these legal interns find the time to attend class, study and do the investigative legwork for Professor Keating?

One aspect that I really like about HTGAWM is the case of the week, similar to Scandal's first year. Last night we had a CEO charged with insider trading. A few weeks ago it was Steven Weber as a very disagreeable, eccentric millionaire who claimed that he was completely innocent when charged with murdering his second wife, after freely admitting that he'd killed his first wife.

There's still so much going on with HTGAWM: multiple plotlines, a huge cast, flashbacks, dozens of red herrings, not to mention a MacGuffin or two or ten. That's probably what turned off so many viewers initially. There's so much to follow and it's a show that requires your full attention. You can't do anything else while watching; no distractions of any kind or you'll lose track of who's doing what to whom. I was almost ready to quit because it was exhausting. I'm so glad I persevered because HTGAWM truly is innovative, exciting, entertaining and most of all addictive.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I'd be more interested in how It was taken than why it was there.