Esteemed Contributor

This show was particularly good and rather cute last night!! I am really enjoying it so far this season.

Honored Contributor

I agree. I watched it again just now. It was suspenseful, entertaining and yet they managed to make some of it lighthearted.

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't seen this one yet, DVR'd it. like Blacklist and put them on close captioned. Today, with the actors walking and talking fast and the music in the background, the younger actors mumble when they speak, I can now enjoy the programs. Had a hearing test, so not that, it is todays shows.

I can watch the Madlock , murder she wrote, Diagnosis murder and understand them perfectly, golden girls. Todays shows too much noise in background.

Honored Contributor

It's so well cast and the writing is some of the best. Makes all the difference.

Esteemed Contributor

Love the Fusco character!!!

Honored Contributor
On 10/8/2014 qvcaddition said:

Haven't seen this one yet, DVR'd it. like Blacklist and put them on close captioned. Today, with the actors walking and talking fast and the music in the background, the younger actors mumble when they speak, I can now enjoy the programs. Had a hearing test, so not that, it is todays shows.

I can watch the Madlock , murder she wrote, Diagnosis murder and understand them perfectly, golden girls. Todays shows too much noise in background.

I have started using closed captioning lately too, and you're right, they talk so fast and sometimes it's not just music, it's someone singing a song! No way to concentrate on all of that. I also do have some hearing loss in my left ear.

I'm not thrilled with the closed captioning . . . it's apparently done by different companies and some are better than others. But it is better than nothing, I can definitely follow the story lines better.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

qvc I agree with you about too much noise, too much music. The problem is that many of the TV shows today are complicated. You have to pay close attention to the plot and what's being said.

I don't know if it's my age but I don't always get all of what's being said either. It is so frustrating.

You should see how I try to talk my adult daughter in Denver into watching some of the same shows I watch so she can explain some of them to me (some are very complicated).

She and I have (sometimes....OK, more often than not....different taste in TV shows), so it isn't easy.

I did talk her into watching Outlander and I am so glad I did because she gave me insight into things I had no idea.

You guys here help me more than you have any idea. I read what you put here and I think, OH! OK, I can see that....or....no, I don't see that.

Respected Contributor
On 10/8/2014 annabellethecat said:

qvc I agree with you about too much noise, too much music. The problem is that many of the TV shows today are complicated. You have to pay close attention to the plot and what's being said.

I don't know if it's my age but I don't always get all of what's being said either. It is so frustrating.

You should see how I try to talk my adult daughter in Denver into watching some of the same shows I watch so she can explain some of them to me (some are very complicated).

She and I have (sometimes....OK, more often than not....different taste in TV shows), so it isn't easy.

I did talk her into watching Outlander and I am so glad I did because she gave me insight into things I had no idea.

You guys here help me more than you have any idea. I read what you put here and I think, OH! OK, I can see that....or....no, I don't see that.

It is amazing you know the commercial are more legible than the programs sometime

You need to do brain exercise on Lumosity and cut down on aspartame{#emotions_dlg.laugh}
How many have a hard time reading the crawlers on the cable news, I would exercise on using Positive Science another course which was mainly to increase you vision when driving and it really works.

I also feel it is the younger generation who is in charge of programing this stuff and will change their tune when age starts to effect them... these concepts of 30 second sound bites an flashes do nothing for the quality of the show.

It most likely why some shows bit the dust because of the fast paste product not the content.

If they can not understand what they are watching they move on to something more obtainable.

Esteemed Contributor

I do love this show. The one show that I find hard to understand is Elementary with Johnny Lee MIller. He says he talks fast on purpose. I love this show but I miss so much of the dialogue because of his fast talking. I do wish he would slow down. How do you put your DVR on closed caption?

Respected Contributor
On 10/9/2014 elated said:

I do love this show. The one show that I find hard to understand is Elementary with Johnny Lee MIller. He says he talks fast on purpose. I love this show but I miss so much of the dialogue because of his fast talking. I do wish he would slow down. How do you put your DVR on closed caption?

He not only talks fast, he seems to mumble and I can not turn the volume up enough to hear him. It is almost like a whisper most of the time.

I am also puzzle what that is all about when character who are wealthy wardrobe is unkempt people even the rest of the population tries to look touchable, for some reason the rich associates being dingy, unshaven, grubby with being poor or lack of means.

That is why I like shows like Hawaii 5, Blue Bloods, where folks dress normal