Super Contributor

GRACEPOINT - Premieres Thurs., Oct. 2nd - 9 PM ET on FOX

The new 10-episode murder-mystery miniseries Gracepoint, premiering this Thursday, October 2nd at 9 PM ET on FOX, sounds very intriguing.

From IMDb.com: "When a young boy is found dead on an idyllic beach, a major police investigation gets underway in the small California seaside town where the tragedy occurred. Soon deemed a homicide, the case sparks a media frenzy, which throws the boy's family into further turmoil and upends the lives of all of the town's residents."

Here's the trailer:

Official Trailer | GRACEPOINT | FOX BROADCASTING ...

May 12, 2014 - Uploaded by FOX
Ten-episode mystery event series GRACEPOINT follows the tragic death of a young boy, and the major police ...

For those familiar with 2013's Broadchurch, the plots are identical: "The murder of a young boy in a small coastal town brings a media frenzy, which threatens to tear the community apart." (IMDb.com)

There's even a crossover by David Tennant who stars as Emmett Carver in Gracepoint. Previously he was DI Alec Hardy in Broadchurch.

gracepoint
New York Times1 day ago
David Tennant, the star of the BBC detective series “Broadchurch,” is recreating the role for its American version, “Gracepoint.”

Recent Emmy-winner Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad) co-stars as Detective Ellie Miller.

What Anna Gunn found “deep and rather disturbing” about her “Gracepoint” role

'Gracepoint' vs. 'Broadchurch': How Fox's Adaptation Differs...

Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of Broadchurch when it aired, but I am looking forward to Gracepoint. I only hope that it's not as convoluted as Twin Peaks. Just as some inevitably compare film adaptations to a book by the same name, it should be interesting to read the opinions of those who've watched both of these TV productions.

Frequent Contributor

Re: GRACEPOINT - Premieres Thurs., Oct. 2nd - 9 PM ET on FOX

I am going to dvd this series, this looks good!
Honored Contributor

I am going to watch this because I enjoyed Broadchurch and it will be interesting to see how it will be done this way and to see how Tennant will redo the role.

anyone else?

Respected Contributor

I liked Broadchurch and will watch out of curiosity. I have forgotten how Broadchurch even ended.

Honored Contributor

That won't matter because the American version has a different ending, can you believe it? I could tell you how Broadchurch ended but I'd better not-there are people who have not seen it. I doubt America can top the original, but we'll see. LOVE David Tennant and I hate to see that brogue go, but I'm sure he can do it. He always said 'Dahnny' when talking about Danny. It will be interesting to see if he slips up Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I thought Broadchurch was fantastic, and I will be watching Gracepoint too, to see how it compares. The second season of Broadchurch will be broadcast sometime in early 2015 (no fixed date yet).
Respected Contributor

He is the Dr and always will be to me first. These other roles pale in comparison.

Super Contributor

I did watch Broadchurch as I enjoy a lot the series on BBC America, I am going to watch it.

Respected Contributor

I don't know why this had to be remade into an American version....I'm not sure if I'll watch it because I don't like the comparison game and feel that I would be comparing it to the orginal.

Respected Contributor

When I first saw this advertised, I thought they were going to replay the British version here; I didn't realize it was a remake. I'll probably watch it to compare. I'm waiting for the second season of Broadchurch to air, which I think is sometime next year.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum