Respected Contributor

Big Bang Theory - New Season

I love Kelly Cuoco's new short do! It looks very chic on her.

I was disheartened that Sheldon is still being disrespectful to Amy. He is a lousy boyfried and she needs to find someone else. I don't like how they write the two of them together; it was much better when they first were dating.

Stewart and Debby - OMG. That is a riot and Howard getting upset about it. LOL.

It was funny how Penny's new boss and Penny are terrified of Bernadette.

I wonder if anything will come out of that horrible movie Penny was making last season - like it becomes a cult classic and she becomes famous.

Respected Contributor

Re: Big Bang Theory - New Season

LOL...Bernadette is a shrieker/screamer....I'd be scared to have her on my bad side too...hehe

I love the story line with Howard's mom....too funny!!

I don't expect to see any change in Sheldon all though it seems they are trying to steer him in a new direction to teach him how to treat others with respect....I think Sheldon is so out of touch with the real world that there is no changing him an dif they did change him what would be the point of the show?

Honored Contributor

I think this show just jumped the shark. I thought this episode was a huge mess and perhaps a clue as to how this season will go.

Super Contributor

On 9/24/2014 cosmic1 said:

...Stewart and Debby - OMG. That is a riot and Howard getting upset about it. LOL....

I wonder if anything will come out of that horrible movie Penny was making last season - like it becomes a cult classic and she becomes famous.

You've hit upon the funniest subplots, cosmic1. Monster mother, Mrs. Wolowitz's emotional connection with Stuart is hilarious. Even more hysterical is Howard's jealousy. It's a pseudo-sibling rivalry like an updated version of the Smothers Brothers, where Tom whined, "Mom always liked you best."

As for your theory about Penny's horrible movie becoming a cult classic, well, cosmic1, that no less than perfect. I think you've got a terrific storyline there. You should immediately copyright that idea before TBBT staff writers steal it. We know that in her heart, Penny isn't the least bit interested in pushing little blue bills for Big Pharma for the rest of her natural life. It's perfect having her rocket to stardom via of one of the worst low-budget horror flicks ever made. Remembering our intensely humourous, lengthy thread from a few months ago, (http://community.qvc.com/SearchResults/tabid/55/SearchTypeID/C88/TypeID/1/SearchTime/all/Default.asp...), Penny would be another single-name star, just like Cher and Madonna.

Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 straykatz said:

LOL...Bernadette is a shrieker/screamer....I'd be scared to have her on my bad side too...hehe

I love the story line with Howard's mom....too funny!!

I don't expect to see any change in Sheldon all though it seems they are trying to steer him in a new direction to teach him how to treat others with respect....I think Sheldon is so out of touch with the real world that there is no changing him an dif they did change him what would be the point of the show?

Bernadette is sooooo funny! I love how she goes from squeaky, high-pitched, little voice to scary.

Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 Sooner said:

I think this show just jumped the shark. I thought this episode was a huge mess and perhaps a clue as to how this season will go.

I hate to think it jumped the shark but I was hugely disappointed in the first episode. I thought the second one was a little better but still not as funny as episodes in the past.

Someone in Viewpoints said she noticed that Jim Parsons is credited now as a writer for the show.

Respected Contributor

Keri, I know right? I was thinking maybe we'll find out Penny's last name when gets married and if not, then it will be Hofstetter. Lol.
Esteemed Contributor

My DH and I were also disappointed with those first two episodes. Can't really put our finger on the reason, but neither one of us had gut-busting laughs out of it.

As far as Penny being hired by a big Pharma company as a rep...wouldn't happen. All the drug reps I know (and I know a lot), have a college degree. As we know, Penny didn't even finish community college.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

MamaVick: It's TV!

Super Contributor

On 9/24/2014 MamaWick said:

My DH and I were also disappointed with those first two episodes. Can't really put our finger on the reason, but neither one of us had gut-busting laughs out of it.

As far as Penny being hired by a big Pharma company as a rep...wouldn't happen. All the drug reps I know (and I know a lot), have a college degree. As we know, Penny didn't even finish community college.

It was on HIMYM when Barney's comment about "the pharma girls" first made me realize that most of those who visit my medical providers offices all look like actresses, models and pageant princesses, biding their time until they get a Big Break in their desired professions.

Here's my theory about why those new TBBT eps seemed disappointing, MamaWick. Unfortunately TPTB at TBBT seem to be placing more emphasis on Sheldon rather than the ensemble. I understand that Jim Parsons is the only Emmy-winner in the cast and he's undeniably talented, but he's not the only funny man among them. Why must every ep focus primarily on Sheldon?

TBBT producers needn't look far to see what happens when changes are made to the elements that originally attracted viewers. Remember when the ensemble of Mike & Molly was such fun, until Melissa McCarthy's ego began running amok, unchecked, with that one-note physical comedy schtick that was suddenly and often inappropriately shoved into every episode? It's the same buffoonish character that she portrayed in Bridesmaids; Tammy; Identity Thief; The Heat. It's tedious and IMO not funny. Enough already - make it stop!!!

After years on the stand-up circuit, Billy Gardell was poised to become M&M's breakout, bona fide star. Then McCarthy got an Oscar nomination for Bridesmaids and the rest was history. How many times can Molly trip over absolutely nothing or fall through a first-floor window for no apparent reason?

I'm not saying that major movie stardom looming isn't in Jim Parsons' future, but it seems as if everything on TBBT now revolves around Sheldon and his once-endearing quirks that have now become the irritating affectations of an annoyingly self-centered man-child. Why must every single episode focus on Sheldon? Personally I'd vote for spreading the wealth. Divide the plotlines a bit more equitably among the entire cast. Despite the fact that Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, and Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting staged a Friends-like strike recently, refusing to return until each was guaranteed $1million/episode, the rest of that extremely talented cast of comedic actors should not be ignored.

One other observation: not that I wish Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting anything but happiness in her recent marriage, but given the 50% divorce rate in America (which is probably even higher among Hollywood celebrities), when will actresses learn that it's probably not the smartest idea to hyphenate their names in the credits? Remember when Eva Longoria of Desperate Housewives briefly became Eva Longoria-Parker? Or when Courteney Cox of Friends briefly became Courteney Cox-Arquette? Then the marriages failed and they were forced return to their original names. This is the on-screen equivalent of the walk of shame; a constant reminder to viewers of what once was. It's almost like the young person starting out in life who loses a job and must return home to live in his/her parents' basement.