Honored Contributor

Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 9/17/2014!!!

The feeds are back and things went pretty much as expected during the feeds blackout. Frankie was given the boot (sadly to cheers, applause and an adoring Julie Chen. No questions about his rape comments or any of the other offensive stuff he said or did while in the house. Julie played the adoring fan role instead of the hard hitting journalist role.) Derrick won the step forward/step back HOH comp. He nominated Victoria and Caleb. Cody won the POV comp. Caleb thinks he's perfectly safe and just a pawn since the guys will stick to their final three deal. (Yeah, about that Caleb, you might want to rethink that a bit.) Caleb can't understand why Victoria's so happy Cody won POV since that means she'll be going home. He just knows his guys won't vote him out. (Once again, Caleb may just want to think about that for a minute. Maybe, just maybe Victoria knows something Caleb doesn't.) Derrick is still teed up to win this whole thing.

We won't get much on the feeds today as they'll be prepping for tonight's live show much of the day. On tonight's show we'll see Derrick nominating Victoria and Caleb. We'll see the POV comp. We'll see Cody stand up and evict Caleb. We'll see Caleb look shocked and disappointed. We'll see Julie annoy Caleb with her questions. (I suspect she'll become the hard hitting journalist tonight asking Caleb about his relationship with Amber.) Then we'll see the start of the first stage of the three stage final HOH comp which is typically an endurance comp. Caleb should realize that if you're about to have an endurance comp, who would the others rather compete against, Caleb (the former soldier in peak physical condition) or Victoria (the somewhat out of shape, high maintenance, photographer)? Anyone in their right mind would rather go against Victoria.

About the only real suspense left this season is who will the final two be? It's unlikely Victoria will win the final HOH, so will Cody or Derrick make the safest choice and take Victoria, or will they take each other and hope for the best? I'm pretty sure Derrick would win against either, so it's not much of a decision for him. Cody on the other hand could have a slightly harder time of it. He'll likely lose to Derrick, though he can argue that he won more comps and made few enemies among the jurors. Does he take his chances with Derrick or does he take his chances with Victoria?

I should point out that a number of house guests have said that they'd vote for Victoria if anyone was dumb enough to drag her to the final two. Would they really do it though? The winner will have to get five votes since we have a nine person jury again this year. I would think Derrick could pull all nine votes (maybe seven or eight since either Caleb or Frankie won't believe/accept that Derrick was the mastermind since they know they were.) Cody's only sure vote might be Christine. Victoria could get quite a few votes if those who said they'd vote for her follow through on it (Nicole, Hayden, Derrick, Caleb, Donny, maybe Jocasta.)

We're just a week from the finale now! Based on the fact that they were encouraging people to apply for Big Brother on last night's show, I'm guessing BB is picked up for another season. I still like the idea of an all star couples short winter version of BB. There's typically a six week window or so between the end of the fall seasons of Survivor/The Amazing Race and the start of the spring seasons, it would be kind of neat to put eight two person teams of house guests (Jeff/Jordan, Rachel/Brendon or Elissa, Daniele/Dom, Hayden/Nicole, Jessie/Judd, Ian/Ashley, Andy/Frankie, etc.) in the house and play as couples to fill that void in the programming schedule. It would be a short, fast season, that would likely do pretty well in the ratings and add a different dynamic to the game. It shouldn't strain production much as casting would be easy and it would be a short season. There are plenty of pair options available as both villains and heroes. I think it could be a good idea for them after this season, then have a normal summer season starting at the end of June.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

Re: Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 9/17/2014!!!

I really wish they'd think the way you do, Gardenman. You verbalize exactly what the audience wants and come up with more creative ideas than they've had in many seasons. You are the only one who comes up with something truly "unexpected" that could energize the game.

Valued Contributor

A reminder:

Vote for the Houseguest you think deserves to win $25,000!

Vote 20 times per day. Voting closes Monday, Sept 22nd at 9:59am PT.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/favorite-houseguest-vote/

Respected Contributor

Do the often have "some I am eviction" shows as last night's was called,where there is no live audience? Julie ..shame on you! You fizzled in my eyes by not putting FJGrande on the grill and asking questions that she would have dropped like bombs on any other contestant.FJ(blech) also reemphasized the Arianna is my sister thing to get votes for fan Fav. That weasel.There were snickers when Victoria said she had fought hard to get this far. Really, what she accomplished was no damage brilliant! And she made no enemies and kept her mouth shut. That's hard. It seemed like he got more time with Julie and he was just disgusting ....from his exit speeches to his last words. Good riddance but betcha he gets shown in jury house now!
Super Contributor

I was most disappointed in Julie for not asking those questions. You know she wont let Caleb leave without asking him about Amber. She asked Christine about the flirting. She asks all of them questions about things they did in the house. Except him. It was all about how to make Frankie look good. And to plug Ariana again. It was almost like he knew in advance what he would be asked, but maybe not. Since he really is all those wonderful things in his own eyes, it isn't that hard for him to talk about how delightful he is.

I'm having flashbacks to a couple of seasons ago to when Frank was handed the Americas favorite houseguest. Now, I didn't hate the guy or anything. But everyone pretty much knew that he was Allisons chosen one for that year. He was not the fan favorite, but he somehow won that money. All that to say that I'm afraid that it wont matter too much how the votes fall. Donny might get 80% of the votes, and Frankie might still win. We'll never know the truth.

Trusted Contributor

I voted for Donny again today..... Iam4.... I guess I am just an optimist.

You know I liked the way they timed the morphing contest last night.... maybe they heard the skepticism about the timing previously? Cody did an awesome job.

Now he has won the POV again.

Frankie got a celebrity send off last night.... but he is DONE....so, I am glad we don't have to endure his bologna anymore. Even the house guests who are left were talking about how they noticed how nice it was not to have to clean up after him.

Super Contributor

I'll keep voting, but after last night I guess I wont hold my breath. I bet it is super nice they don't have to clean up after him, and they can sleep soundly without guarding their rears!

Respected Contributor

I voted yesterday and just now all votes going to Donny!

Respected Contributor

Last night it was so obvious that the ""studio audience was not real. Way to go Julie ..

Honored Contributor

Ugh, what a letdown. I do think they added more applause and yells in post-production. It sounded somewhat canned.

It was almost like Frankie's married to the head of CBS and Julie is Arianna's sister and fan. And when he asked her about Ari's second album and she said she couldn't tell him and then she told him -- give me a break.

Iam4truth, every time I see Frank's name I get a little nauseous. I can never forget how everyone said he smelled terrible. I hear "Frank" and I think "bad, bad smell." Ick!

So now that the Pink Fink is gone I'm happy with a final three of Derrick, Cody and Victoria. The season didn't deliver but it's over, next season who knows because the ratings were good and BBAD attracted a lot of new and prestigious advertisers (last year I remember almost every commercial break being Adam & Eve, LOL. This year there were some heavyweights and the ads got better with time).

Gardenman, they NEED you. And if not you then Jeff Probst. He knows how to run his show. He knows how to try things but listen to the fans at the same time.