Super Contributor
Rosie Perez and Nicolle Wallace are the new hosts joining "The View". What do you think of the decision? I am pretty happy with everyone. I think some good discussions will come out of it. All of them are pretty outspoken. They will join Whoopie Goldberg and Rosie O'Donnell. Look forward to watching!
Honored Contributor

Years ago I used to watch The View but stopped because politicians kept coming on (boring) and I didn't think that was the place for them.

Also, I didn't like the way there seemed to be only one direction they were going. I don't like people who can't see all sides of a subject. That's the way they were.

My favorite thing (among others) is to think I know someone and how they think and to get totally surprised about them. I love discovering about a person.

I might try watching (or DVRing it) a few times just to see the 'flavor' of the new show.

Honored Contributor

Hasn't been the same without Ms. Behar. There is no Joy on the View.

Trusted Contributor

I think these are good choices. Two intelligent women who should bring some interesting discussions to the table. Believe they will have a much better View crew this coming season and I look forward to it.

Esteemed Contributor

Rosie Perez's voice nearly sends me into seizures...I won't be watching.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Super Contributor

OMG! I was so excited to watch with Rosie coming back, I had given up the show for some time now. But R. Perez???????? NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't stand her since the days of "MY cousin Vinny". Say it ain't so, please, please!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

She does have a voice that you either like or dislike. I find that an interesting choice. I wonder what they were going for.

Respected Contributor
She was not in My Cousin Vinny. That was Marissa Tomei (sp? )
Honored Contributor
On 9/4/2014 Caravaggio said: She was not in My Cousin Vinny. That was Marissa Tomei (sp? )

Exactly! and her voice was what you call acting.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor
On 9/4/2014 annabellethecat said:

She does have a voice that you either like or dislike. I find that an interesting choice. I wonder what they were going for.

RATINGS! Pure and simple - ratings!

The bottom line in TV is the bottom line. Higher ratings means a higher rate card, a show's ability to charge more for advertising time.

The View, which began in 1997 and will soon launch its 18th season, has been in a ratings death spiral in recent years and definitely is showing its age. The instability and off-stage personal dramas of some cast members, along with changes and upheaval, hasn't helped to instill confidence among viewers.

There's been increased competition from similarly formatted and similarly themed, multi-host, female-oriented shows, like The Talk. More challengers, such as The Real, are debuting this month, vying for attention from an already fragmented audience that Barbara, Joy, Debbie, Lisa, Meredith, Whoopi, Rosie, Elisabeth, et. al. once easily dominated.

In a last ditch attempt to save this sinking ship, ABC ordered changes in the creative team-production staff. The aim is retooling the show in order to appeal to a younger-skewing target demo. That's why 84 year old Barbara Walters was eased out, persuaded to "retire" from the panel. Her role as EP has been marginalized, rendering her as little more than a figurehead. Her long-time producing partner and The View co-creator, Bill Geddie is out.

The View's Bloody Backstage Politics: How Barbara Walters ...www.thedailybeast.com/.../the-view-s-bloody-backstage-...

The Daily Beast
Jul 16, 2014 - The View's Bloody Backstage Politics:
How Barbara Walters and Bill Geddie Lost Control of Their Show.

It's amusing to see the comments about Rosie Perez's unique voice. ITA! It's grating, annoying and akin to nails on a chalkboard. I couldn't listen to her for more than one second before screaming because my ears were bleeding, then immediately changing the channel. It's a good thing I can't stand The View. I never watched and don't intend to begin watching now with yet another irritant added to the mix.

Entertainment Tonight viewers, have you ever noticed that the new regular they added to the cast last season, Rocsi Diaz, sounds almost exactly like Rosie Perez? I've enjoyed ET for decades, but shallow, whiny, egotistical Diaz is a deal-breaker for me. Mute was invented for her. I've defected to Access Hollywood.