Honored Contributor

Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 8/28/2014!!!

And things flipped and then flopped overnight. Frankie has been campaigning hard to get rid of Nicole over Donny and almost succeeded in flipping the house. He had Caleb, and Derrick on board for a while but Cody was adamantly against it and now Derrick and Caleb are back on board with getting Donny out first. Frankie knows that Nicole is targeting him (she's actually targeting everyone but Victoria at this time, but Frankie is definitely high on the list) so Frankie wants Nicole gone before she can get him out of the house.

Derrick and Frankie will learn on the live show tonight if they've won the TA challenge. (My money is on "no" as "vote no" was trending on Twitter last night.) Julie will ask a Team America member a question and they'll answer Apple Pie and then Julie will say either yes or no to tell them if they won the challenge. Frankie says he'll lose it if they don't win. (All the more reason to vote no. You have until 10:00 AM this morning to vote.) They've been campaigning to the cameras for people to vote yes to give them the money. I'm pretty sure they won't win if the people posting on BB forums are any indicator. America doesn't seem especially happy with her team right now, well, two thirds of it anyway.

Nicole had a long chat with herself where she evaluated her position in the house/game at this time and admitted that the only person there she can tolerate is Victoria. (Derrick is starting to get a little concerned that Victoria's thinking for herself now and not blindly obeying his every command.) Nicole was embarrassed by her showing in the HOH comp but admitted to throwing the POV comp so the nominations would stay the same and trust that the house would vote out Donny and keep her. She knew that if she'd won the POV comp Donny would be going anyway and then she'd have a bigger target on her back. She wanted to look weak and harmless heading into this week's HOH comp. Now she wants to win tonight.

Things should stay pretty quiet in the house today. Between HOH lockdowns while the crew preps the house for tonight's show and the rehearsals there isn't a lot of time for plotting on live show days. I strongly suspect the vote to be unanimous tonight to evict Donny and for Team America to lose their challenge. Hopefully Nicole will win HOH tonight. If she does then expect to see Frankie and Christine on the block. She's promised to consult Derrick before making any nominations and she'll listen to his guidance, but he'd better guide her to those two or she'll put them up anyway. No matter who wins HOH tonight there's a really good chance Christine is headed out the door this week. It could be a good show tonight.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 8/28/2014!!!

That "play" was not worthy of any $.In fact Frankie should be required to give Donny that amount out of his previous team America winnings.It was clearly a planned by producers way to yet again showcase Frankie. I think Donnie just might be the nicest player ever on this show.Christine might just be the most vile. Frankie is just an embarrassment,PERIOD! After Donnie goes,if Nicole gets the boot I think I would vote for Victoria to get the money. Really you could think she has floated to the top OR you could view it as playing a smart game....hmmm????
Regular Contributor

I don't know how American can give these guys $5K each when they did not put on a "PLAY.

The pink ballerina should look up the meaning of play, as far as I was concerned that was a comedy skit.

I would also like to know what police force Derrick works for, for him to be able to take all of the time off for BB....anyone know??

Honored Contributor

I've heard what police department it was but I don't remember. In some communities police officers are allowed to take unpaid leave for an extended period for various reasons. I'm guessing he's from a community with a liberal leave policy.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I may be wrong but I THINK it is the Cranston, RI P.D. Again, I THINK he said he used all of his available sick/vacation time and then took a personal leave funded by his savings including his daughter's college money. Also...his wife works.
Honored Contributor

If production wants Donny to stay, and they should since he's popular with viewers, they could have told AT that when one of the three is voted out it will end AT. I can't think Derrick would want to give up additional 5ks.

Honored Contributor

I'm wondering if Frankie and Derrick might not try a last minute swing in the vote when they learn they failed in the mission? They're being told during Julie's chat with them they go to commercials and come back to the live vote. I'm wondering if this isn't all planned to give TA one last chance to save Donny?
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Odd that Cody has finally gone against Derrick's wishes to save Nicole. That should make Derrick more intent on getting her out. Could it be that there will be a split vote after all this time? Imagine the panic that will follow if that happens.

Contributor

On 8/28/2014 gardenman said: I've heard what police department it was but I don't remember. In some communities police officers are allowed to take unpaid leave for an extended period for various reasons. I'm guessing he's from a community with a liberal leave policy.

From the Providence Journal:

“Big Brother” is the cockroach of TV: You just cannot eradicate it. Summer’s guiltiest pleasure returns with a whole new batch of roomies who will try to get along with each other — and fail miserably. One such is Rhode Island’s Derrick Levasseur, who may be able to keep some order in the house since he’s a police sergeant in Central Falls. 8 p.m., Ch. 12, 4.

I do remember seeing him in a Central Falls RI police car the first day they introduced him.

Valued Contributor

As far as voting for TA, I was on the fence for a quick minute. I would love to see Donny win an extra $5,000 before he walks out of the house. But, I did not want Frankie to think America liked his stupid "play"! So, I voted NO! If Julie tells them their mission was successful, I'll know the voting is rigged.

I wish Cody had gone with his first instinct, and put Frankie up as a replacement. I hope he doesn't live to regret that decision.

I'm rooting for Nicole to win tonight, and put Frankie and one of the other guys on the block. I think that would be the best move. But she'd probably put Christine up instead.

gardenman - Is there a football game tonight, that will delay the show? I'm looking for an east coast broadcast, but the one I found says BB won't be on till 1:30AM.