Respected Contributor

Summer gets on my last nerve (Y&R)

She's so pushy! Austin rarely gets to answer a question himself. Summer is always jumping in to speak for him. She pushed the relationship from day-one and talked him into getting married and running away. He'd better grow a backbone p.d.q. or he's in for a life being run by Summer. Now she will be hitting the trust fund to pay his fine or be asking someone for the money. Note to Summer: let him be a real man and figure it out for himself.
Honored Contributor

Re: Summer gets on my last nerve (Y&R)

hula, I agree with you about this stupid girl! I think they've been putting these two young people on the front because they want kids out of school for the summer to get used to watching this soap.

I'm tired of this storyline! Let's move on. I read on one of my soap magazines that it was so stupid that the writers would have both of her Dad's come to her wedding, since they were so opposed to her getting married.

Then suddenly they both show up. Someone (maybe here, can't remember) maybe it was the soap magazine, said that if her Mother was awake she'd have taken that girl by the arm and said, "you're coming home with me, young lady". They said Phyllis was so protective of her daughter, she'd have never let her marry this guy.

It doesn't help that 'supposedly' (who really knows) she was the one responsible for Adam getting pushed off of the show. I don't know that that's true. I have a feeling they wanted to get rid of him and they had no idea of the firestorm it would cause by firing him. But that's my idea.

Honored Contributor

If I hear her say one more time ............ it was an "accident", I am going to scream! He is not a child, he needs more than a slap on the hand!

BTW, the very end of the show was interrupted here, how did it end, did I miss anything???

Respected Contributor

On 8/21/2014 Hooty said:

If I hear her say one more time ............ it was an "accident", I am going to scream! He is not a child, he needs more than a slap on the hand!

BTW, the very end of the show was interrupted here, how did it end, did I miss anything???

Nah.....everything pretty much was left hanging.

Respected Contributor

Gawd......aren't trust funds THE BEST!!!! Summer is so desperate to not lose this guy....can't wait until he hopefully gets fed up with her smothering him. It sounds like she might be a good match for Wyatt on B&B.

Honored Contributor

I'm trying to decide if they're going to make her pregnant or make him ......wait for it.....(what's that ummmmmm problem they're giving Christian LeBlanc) Oh! I know limp bisket. Anyway, only one of those issues per show.

Oh! My! I just thought of something funny! Wouldn't it be funny if they gave that problem to Dolla' Bill? I thought I'd puke when yesterday Brooke said something to him "I forget what it was but it was about his prowess and he said, "Neigggggggggghhhhhhhhh" (like a horse). Ugh! He needs that problem. If I was a writer, I'd give it to him.

My daughter has a trust fund and if she told me she was going to marry a person who tried to kill someone I'd say, "I just inherited your money"! Ha! My late husband told our daughters if they got a tatoo during college he'd cut them off financially. Can you imagine if they'd said they were marrying a murderer.

Don't you think just about everyone would say that? I didn't realize but saw it posted somewhere that Phyllis' middle name is Summer (is that so)? Is that where she got it from?

Respected Contributor

I couldn't believe the things Austin was saying to comatose Phyllis today......good grief, nothing like dumping all his dirty laundry on someone who's ill. And again, Summer was playing her role as Edgar Bergen.....jumping in to turn Austin into Charlie McCarthy. At least he had the guts to tell Summer that he didn't marry her because he loved her, but to keep her from testifying....I think that might come back to haut her. I'm still not sure he's really "in love" with her. He might think so, but wait until he's been with her a while.

Honored Contributor

Yes hula, we all know how anoying she is. Righ? Ha! I think she'll end up pregnant soon. I do agree with you that it still isn't real clear that he's all that in love with her.

She's like a crazy nut when it comes to kissing and worshiping him. She's always been like that from day one. Remember, she is the one who pursued him. From the time when he was making video's of her Aunt. She was there worshiping him, all googly-eyed over him Talking to her Aunt about him.

Did you see the tongue-in-cheek thing I posted under "Some Funny Numbers About the Soaps"? I posted some unbelievable number of times when Austin had taken off or been seen without his shirt. That's funny. I guess we know one reason he got that job. There's a lot of eye candy (males) on that show.