Honored Contributor

Jill Duggard (Of 19 Kids and Counting Is Pregnant)

I just watched the TV promo for Jill Duggard getting married (a repeat I guess). So I googled it to see if she was pregnant and guess what!

She's pregnant already! It's a People magazine front cover. It says that after only being married for 8 weeks she's pregnant!

Well, I think it's safe to say she's on her way to at least meeting her Mom's record, probably breaking it. She's only 23 years old so she has a long way to go.

So much for waiting to start a family. I know everyone is different (I waited 7 years), but good grief!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jill Duggard (Of 19 Kids and Counting Is Pregnant)

That entire Duggard thing creeps me out big time.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

It was so strange, looking it up just then to see that. I don't know if it's a new People cover or an old one.

I know that family looks beautiful and healthy but I can't help but believe they are really lucky because it just doesn't seem like it's healthy for the children to just keep having one after another.

How can a woman's body recuperate quickly enough to ensure that the child will be healthy? I don't know. It's their lives. I just wish it wasn't so publicized so much because there are probably young women out there that think, maybe I'll make the cover of the magazine if I do that. I don't know.

Honored Contributor

Michelle Duggar has emotional problems from having all the kids that she did. I'm happy for her daughter, but if I were her I'd be dissapointed in not getting to spend more time with new husband first.

Honored Contributor

We'll never know what goes on with that young woman. I think if she was raised in a normal family, she might feel the way you do collie.

However, most people form their lives by what is familiar and what they know. What this young woman has always known is that it is a woman's place to not say "no" and to have as many babies as comes (not to prevent pregnancy).

It seems sad, but I guess to her maybe she's over the moon.

Honored Contributor

It seems sad to me too and I do agree with everything you said.

Super Contributor

It is their business, they aren't doing anything "WRONG" OR "IMMORAL", and I just don't understand why so many people, just because they watch it with great curiosity and intensity, make it their business and pass judgement and make such comments about this family.

It's on TV to watch if you like, no one forces you if you think it's weird or you don't "approve". But all of these opinions, unkind judgement and remarks are inappropriate and everyone should keep their opinions to themselves.

What you think isn't anyone else's business either. No one makes your opinion correct either.

It's all gossip.

Do you remember the saying "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all?"

That ought to be the number one law of these forums. It's getting way too "gossipy" on these threads.

Respected Contributor

"Creeps me out " , "Sad" , "Emotional problems " ? An in-tact family chooses to have more kids than the norm..kids whom THEY support..their children opt to get married FIRST and then start having a family and somehow this elicits criticism and negativity ? Carson Daly and his FIANCÉE had a baby yesterday, their third I believe, and that's a cause for celebration.
Honored Contributor

Michelle Duggar obviously has emotional issues. She's even claims to have problems and had a break down herself.

Anyone that puts themselves on tv and all over magazines telling their personal business has opened themselves up for criticism.

We have the right to our opinions even if they differ from yours.

Respected Contributor

Yes...it's their business but they put themselves in the spotlight as reality TV celebs so that opens them up for all kinds of scrutiny and criticism.....plus.....when Michelle Duggar made outlandish statements and judged others for their lifestyles she can't expect not to have others look at her the same way....."judge not, that ye be not judged. For with that judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged"