Honored Contributor

I Had To Post This! Who Else Thinks It's Funny The Way These Shows Do The Following:

Sorry, couldn't post it all on the title. This is a pet peeve of mine and I know my titles are always way too long:

I hate the way these people are standing over graves they open or just now on Rizolli and Isles she's standing in front of a mummy and there is nothing under her nose! Now you know it doesn't take a genius to know that thing and those graves would stink like crazy. They could at least put some smelling stuff near their noses.

Also, on all of those CSI shows they crawl around the carpeting looking for a hair with their lovely blonde locks hanging all over the carpeting then they yell, "I found a hair". I guess we're all stupid because we have to overlook that it just might be one of their hairs or maybe something the carpet missed.

I know I'm nitpicking! How about some of you posting what bugs you about some of these shows that makes you feel like "OK, I guess I have to play ignorance on this".

Respected Contributor

Re: I Had To Post This! Who Else Thinks It's Funny The Way These Shows Do The Following:

There is one thing that really bugs me and that is when they show a love scene, did you ever notice that the woman always wakes up with a full face of make-up and her hair is near perfect? Excuse me, how on earth do you or would you keep your lipstick on, no less intact, eyliner, etc. after a passionate night? I know this is not that important but I do like a little realism. Also, when they show the historical shows that take place at the turn of the century, i.e., Downton Abby, Copper, the Musketeers, did you ever notice how clean they are, how their clothes are so perfectly pressed and their teeth sparkling white? No one had white teeth in those days and the poor were lucky to have any teeth at all.

Frequent Contributor

Re: I Had To Post This! Who Else Thinks It's Funny The Way These Shows Do The Following:

Also doesn't everyone breath stinks when they wake up but yet they are at it again?? Is it love?? hahahaahha

Respected Contributor

On 8/19/2014 sage4 said:

Also doesn't everyone breath stinks when they wake up but yet they are at it again?? Is it love?? hahahaahha

That's another thing! forgot all about that.

Frequent Contributor

You know what else makes me sick?? Doesn't anyone on TV take a shower after doing the ""deed""? My goodness it makes my stomach turn when they jump out of bed and put on the same clothes and go to work. Thank goodness it isnt real life. lol

Super Contributor

I love how undercover cops/spies ALWAYS put their hand to their ear when they are listening to their "team". And be sure to hold your watch up to your mouth when you are talking. Um, you trying to give yourself away? What is the point of invisible ear pieces and hidden microphones if you are going to announce to everyone around you that you are talking into one?

"Spotted him, I'm going in...oh no! He made me! Fall back!"

Valued Contributor

On 8/19/2014 iam4truth said:

I love how undercover cops/spies ALWAYS put their hand to their ear when they are listening to their "team". And be sure to hold your watch up to your mouth when you are talking. Um, you trying to give yourself away? What is the point of invisible ear pieces and hidden microphones if you are going to announce to everyone around you that you are talking into one?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

On 8/19/2014 loveour4leggedfriends said:
On 8/19/2014 sage4 said:

That's another thing! forgot all about that.

If one breath stink in the AM must be from all that plastic GMO foods folks are guzzling down the night before...

Esteemed Contributor

The one thing that really irks me is when the shows "team" is the only law enforcement agency in a 50 mile radius that can respond to a life or death situation. If I were in a life or death situation, please contact somebody a little more local who can get there faster.

I don't watch Hawaii 5-0 that often, but I was actually shocked when I did see an episode where other police got there before the main characters. Of course, the main characters saved the day, but it still just rang more true to me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/19/2014 iam4truth said:

You watch "The Blacklist", don't you? That's every undercover scene with our dear Lizzie, may she never change.