Honored Contributor

Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 8/12/2014!!!

And pretty much nothing has changed. Nicole is still the target for eviction this week and is being vilified by the rest of the house. That's a recent trend that I really hate. You don't have to make someone into Satan to justify voting them out. They're in the way of your winning a half million dollars, so they've got to go. You don't have to smear them on the way out. Put up two people you want gone and let the house pick who goes. Pretty much every house guest this year has faced a ridiculous smear campaign once they've been nominated and it's just stupid. "Oh, the house will be so much better once we get rid of this horrible person!" No. It won't.

Today the camera will come out and Christine will get to do her HOH blog where she'll revel in her power and glory. You would kind of think the entire house being behind the plan to dethrone her as HOH and evict Frankie without telling her would have been a bit of a wake-up call to her as to the loyalty of her allies, but no. A sane person seeing that going on behind their back would try to rally up a new alliance and take down the rest of the house, but not Christine. There were exactly two people in the house who didn't know Caleb was throwing the comp and they were Christine and Frankie. When you're excluded from a huge game move, it's not a sign that they all love and trust you. Frankie came up with his "I'll just tell them all who I am and they'll love me and fear the wrath of Ariana's fans" plan, but Christine just blindly stumbled along on the same old path. She should have known that Nicole, Donny, Victoria and even Frankie were available for the picking. She should have also known that Caleb, Cody, Derrick had to be behind the plan to dethrone her. Frankie wins the POV so what does she do? She puts up Nicole. (A brilliant strategic decision there!) Instead of putting up one of those plotting behind her back, she put up one of those who was far more likely to support her and had her back the whole game. Ugh! Put up Cody or Derrick and rally the votes to evict him and take control of the game. It's not rocket science. You don't pull the knife out of your back and then hand it back to the people who just stabbed you. (Well, if you're Christine and Frankie you do.)

Nothing much should change today. The DR will poke and prod to try and get footage of them discussing who to send home so the vote will look like it's up in the air and despite pretty much everyone agreeing that Donny is the bigger threat and he has to go next, they'll vote out Nicole by yet another unanimous vote. After all, she is the source of all evil in the world and getting rid of her will solve all of the problems getting rid of Joey, Paola, Devin, Amber, Brittany, Jocasta and Hayden didn't solve. (By the way, I'd far rather watch those who have been evicted than those who remain. That group looks far more entertaining than the group we've got left.) Oh well. Just another six weeks or so of this nonsense and we can start looking forward to next year's cast. I'm actually hoping for an all star season so we can get people who know what they're doing playing the game. This house could have/should have been flipped on multiple occasions this year, but the ridiculous BOTB and production combined with stupid house guests have made for a boring and predictable season. It's the year of "Expect the expected!"

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 8/12/2014!!!

I remember last year wanting the season to end so we could get on to this season. What a huge disappointment. I look forward every day to your terrific updates Gardenman. Thanks so much!
Respected Contributor

Thanks Gardenman your updates are far more interesting to read then watching the actual show or the feeds! I also look forward to reading your perspective on the game it is entertaining and spot on!

Honored Contributor

The good news is this season will eventually improve once the dumb guys have to start picking off each other. This was the perfect week to flip the house though, and Christine just let it slip away. The guys made it clear that they trusted Nicole more than Christine by having Nicole put up Frankie. Now if I was Christine and I knew what had happened behind my back, I'd be out for blood. And Christine knows what went on because Nicole told her everything including that her "allies" wanted Christine to be backdoored if Frankie had won POV and came down. Despite knowing all of this Christine has meekly followed their orders and nominated one of the few people in the house she could truly trust who was telling her the truth the whole time.

The lack of strategic thought and bold moves this year is just really annoying. Christine was perfectly set up to make the big move this week and instead she fretted over what she could do to win back the trust of her alliance, so she did what they wanted instead of what was best for her game. Put up Derrick or Cody instead of Nicole and tell the house you want that guy gone. Then rally Donny, Nicole, Frankie (who also should have major trust issues now but doesn't seem to) and whoever else you can rally and flip the house. It's not rocket science people!

Obviously Christine is the second lowest person on the totem pole (Frankie's lowest) to Derrick/Cody/Caleb so why stay loyal to them when you can build a new alliance? It's not like Cody and Derrick are competition beasts who can protect you. They've won pretty much nothing. Donny and Nicole are the two biggest competitors in the house right now. Save them, use their capabilities to further your game, and flip the house.

But no, that might hurt Derrick's feelings and he's got a daughter he has to feed. Or Cody may not be quite as cuddly with Christine if she put him up. No, the best thing to do is throw away your game to protect them so they have a better chance to win the half million dollars. (Idiots!!!!)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

The whole BOB thing has ruined this season. There isn't truly any hope for Donny. Even if he wins HOH, they will just throw the BOB to knock him off. And, oh production will let them throw it when it suits how THEY want the game to proceed. Heck, they might even encourage it if the other HOH nominates Frankie, lol.

This two HOH business certainly did make the game "expect the expected". Which probably means they will keep it in future seasons. It makes it easier for Production to manipulate the outcome. Grrr

Respected Contributor

I did not start watching BB until about the ninth season but since then this has got to be the most boring. I have in past years been curious to see who would get voted out but this year you are never surprised. It is so predictable. I think if they don't have a varied cast of different ages I won't watch next year. It took me forever to remember the guys names as they all seem to be same age and look alike except for Donny and Frankie. Never will be as much fun as when Rachel was on. I could not stand her but could not stop watching. I also like Brittany. No one stands out or is even is interesting. I usually wonder what these people are like in their real life but not been interested to know anything about them.

Super Contributor

I like this year's group better than last year's group. These people seem a lot more mature.... but that does make for boring gameplay I guess. Anyway, these people don't disgust me like some of the people last year did.

Frequent Contributor

This is a situation where they cast a group of weak females. When they had a female, who had a mind of their own, they got rid of them. IF the brain trust saw one of them gaining support they quickly went to the female and told them they were talking about them behind their back and wanted them out.

What they are saying about Nicole is terrible. The pack of lies, started by Frankie no less, is unbelievable yet effective. He said Nicole bashed his sister and for that she should be booted from the house. Then it escalated to more. Nicole wears her heart on her sleeve. Yet Christine would rather trust a proven liar than some she considered a friend.

The Brain Trust was talking last night and said they would have to getting nominated. My hope is Derrick and Cody or Zack and Frankie get nominated together and one of them goes.

Regular Contributor

I never missed Big Brother, this year, if I see it, I see it. The double HOH and BOB did it for me. I get all my information from Gardenman, and I thank you. You are far more interesting than the show. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

What bothers me is that now every season, you'll have a bunch of guys getting together on the first day and forming an alliance bullying their way through because it worked in prior seasons. Girls are very gullible and jealous of each other so planting seeds in their heads is easy. Gardenman mentioned about hoping for an All stars season next time and I agree. Then maybe you will have HGs who understand the game and play intelligently.