Esteemed Contributor

Anyone watch this half hour. It magic from the Masters. Started last week, but nothing missed because it is different every week. Magic tricks and unexplainable.

Valued Contributor

Yes, DH knows how much I like illusionists. We both really enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

HisElk, if you like illusions, do you ever watch Brain Games. They delve into how our eyes trick our brain and vice-versa. Very interesting.

I understand this show is more about entertaining. However, the ability to illustrate an illusion needs understanding on how the brain and eye works together. Just curious if you've seen it.

Brain Games also has a Master Illusionist on there. I don't remember his name but he's often on there to show misdirection.

Valued Contributor
On 8/9/2014 annabellethecat said:

HisElk, if you like illusions, do you ever watch Brain Games. They delve into how our eyes trick our brain and vice-versa. Very interesting.

I understand this show is more about entertaining. However, the ability to illustrate an illusion needs understanding on how the brain and eye works together. Just curious if you've seen it.

Brain Games also has a Master Illusionist on there. I don't remember his name but he's often on there to show misdirection.

No, I haven't heard of this show. I will check our listings on Sunday to see when it's on and what channel.

I love magic/illusions. I've seen David Copperfield 3 times at his shows and my DH and I have been chosen to participate twice. We personally met him afterwards and he gave us an autographed picture. Very tall and thin man and good looking too!

Thank you for giving me another show to look for. I get tired of all of the reality stuff, although we do watch a few.

Now we're looking forward to when Dallas starts up again.

Frequent Contributor
It is a great show!
Honored Contributor

I love Penn and Teller: Fool Us. The magic is incredible! I just wish every time they figure out a trick they would tell the audience how it's done, but I get why they don't, it's honorable of them.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't want to know how it's done!

Valued Contributor

Many years ago, DH and I went to see David Copperfield. He announced he was going to play music and throw beach balls out into the audience and if we caught one, we were to continue throwing the ball around the audience. When the music stopped, if you had a ball, you would be in the next illusion. My son (who was under 18 at the time) caught a ball and I did too. Because he was under age, he wasn't allowed, so he gave his to my Dh.

There were about 12 of us chosen to be in the illusion and afterwards, we were invited to meet David after the show in a private area. He shook our hands and gave us each an autographed picture. He said he was asking each of us to not to tell anyone how it was done because of all the hard work it took to make it happen.

When we went back to the lobby area to exit, many people were flocking the 12 of us asking how it was done. To this day, we've not told anyone.