Super Contributor

RUSH - Thursdays @ 9 PM ET on USA

Did anyone else watch the premiere of this new summer series last week? There have been numerous repeats since then and the pilot is available on the website: http://www.usanetwork.com/

Years ago, Royal Pains introduced us to a likeable concierge physician working the Spring-Summer season in the Hamptons. While Rush also centers on the exploits of a cash-only, personal physician-for-hire, that's where the similarities end.

Blatantly mercenary and seeming to lack a moral compass, William Rush plays fast and loose with the law, his own life and often those of his patients. It's a far cry from Dr. Hank Lawson of Royal Pains. If you thought that Dr. Gregory House shattered the benevolent Marcus Welby, M.D. mold of the kindly country doctor who made house calls, Rush makes House seem like Hippocrates himself.

The second installment airs tonight and I can't decide if I like this show enough to stick with it. 2014 must be the summer of maverick medics, with everything from Black Box to The Night Shift.

From USA:

RUSH -- Writer/director Levine (“Warm Bodies,” “The Wackness”) along with Fox 21 and Little Engine’s Gina Matthews and Grant Scharbo (“The Gates,” “Popular”) is the team behind the fast paced Hollywood drama, RUSH. Dr. William Rush is not your average on-call doctor -- he’s not attached to any hospital, he’s highly discreet no matter what the ailment as long as the client can pay his cash-only premium and the doctor can party with the best of them. He has no desire to change his life or how he lives it, until an old flame and his conscience begin to stir things up.

Honored Contributor

Re: RUSH - Thursdays @ 9 PM ET on USA

I watched and liked it. My mother who is elderly didn't care for it, I think she found the doctor to be unredeemable.I also watched Satisfaction because I like the actor that was from The Glades. I still miss that show and would have liked an episode that pulled together the unanswered questions. We were just left hanging!

Honored Contributor

Right now I'm watching the second episode .... the first was pretty good. It'll take them a while to run out of stories, that's for sure ! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

The lead guy is so good looking, but I just didn't like the story..... so I am opting out. All of you who enjoy this.... I am happy for you.... enjoy the eye candy....

Valued Contributor

This seemed like a show we would enjoy but we watched the first episode and did not like it. We are done with Rush!
Respected Contributor

I've watched both episodes and I'm going to dump it. I don't really care to watch shows focused on self-destructive characters no matter how well-acted. The minute Rush said he is the way he is because his father scr*w*d him, I knew my interest in the show was probably over.

Honored Contributor

Next week we meet the father ..... Harry Hamlin .... so I'm in for at least one more show.

Honored Contributor

I saw some of the first episode. I'm going to decide if I want to get into it. I don't like the way we have to watch him snort that stuff up his nose so often.

I will have to DVR it. I'm just going to have to change over from Comcast to Verizon because I can't DVR enough shows with Comcast. It doesn't store enough.

So many shows, so little time! No good shows on Sunday night in the summer. I'm taping that show about the lady who remembers things.

You guys know that's based on a real lady, right? I saw several interviews by her when the show first came out.

Also Marilu Henner from the TV show "Taxi" has the same kind of memory. I'm full of useless information. However, most of the time I can't remember any of it!

Respected Contributor

I tried first episode and do not like it. The guy is good looking,but that's it.
Super Contributor

Yes, the lead actor, Tom Ellis, is an incredibly handsome Welshman who's perfected his American accent, but sadly, no, I really don't like the show.

I watched the first two installments and for me, that's generous. Usually, if a show isn't appealing in its debut, my motto is "one and done."

Were it not for the promos featuring Harry Hamlin, I wouldn't even bother with it tonight, but it looked somewhat intriguing. I'm perversely curious to see how Hamlin looks now. The years haven't been kind to Harry, especially when you compare the recent Harry to the way he looked on L.A. Law. Remember when People Magazine declared him 1987's "S*xiest Man Alive"?

It doesn't help matters to have a wife, Lisa Rinna, who DOES NOT AGE. Sure, she's probably had nips, tucks and countless other age-defying cosmetic procedures, but when you see them together now, Harry looks more like her father than her husband. (FYI - He's 62 and she's 51).

The same night that Rush premiered on USA, it was followed by Satisfaction, the tale of a man who's unhappy in this job, his marriage and his life. This mid-life crisis causes him to question everything and it sends him on a quest to find fulfillment and yes, satisfaction - whatever that means. It reminded me of American Beauty and The Ice Storm, critically acclaimed films that just did nothing for me. I simply couldn't relate. I found no satisfaction in Satisfaction and never watched again.

Is anyone here a fan? If so, why do you like Satisfaction?