Honored Contributor

I have been watching it and I like it a lot. They show you the victim and the killer right at the beginning and you have to figure out the killer's motive. It is quite good!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Watch Motive?

I do! I like it, too. A different twist to the way they present the show.

Honored Contributor

Now I have a motive to watrch.

Honored Contributor

I love this show. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind the outcome of a show. I realize some people might not like the way it's filmed.

I find it fresh and thought provoking. It takes turns you don't expect. I know sometimes I think I know why the person killed them and it turns out to be for an entirely different reason.

Do either of you feel that way? In another post some people were talking about the way the producers made her look haggard, that in reality she was pretty.

I do agree with them. Then I noticed she started looking a lot better. Then suddenly (this season) they gave her an ex-boyfriend/boss that she had an affair with. I guess that's why they cleaned her up!

The guy she's supposedly been busy with when she was younger is very good looking. I guess she couldn't look like they had her and have us believe she went downhill that quickly. Ha! Although I would think police work would be unbelievably difficult.

Getting back to it. I hope you decide to look into it. It pretty much holds it's own.

Question for those who see it? Did I understand the last episode? Is he her son's father? Is that what they were talking about? Did I (once again) mix things up?

Help?

Frequent Contributor

All I know is he was married when they had the affair. I don't think he is her son's dad.

Honored Contributor

I don't think Cross fathered the detective's child, but they did allude to a case they worked, perhaps she lied in the past to cover something up for him? Whatever it was, she told him she wasn't going to do it again.

Respected Contributor

It sounds like she and Cross covered up something when they worked together (or, I guess she covered for him). He seems to think the case will be resurrected for some reason and she made it clear she's no longer going to lie about it (whatever IT is). I don't think he's the father of her son, either, but has she ever mentioned the father? They love to throw stuff like that in.

I find this show interesting in that, by the end, I usually sympathize with the killer. They are often a victim, too. At least it's been that way this season.

Super Contributor

From the second Sgt. Mark Cross became the Unit Commander and it became known that he and Detective Flynn had an affair long ago that ended badly, I thought that this season's big bombshell would be the revelation that Cross was the father of Angie's son. With a few eps remaining, I suppose it could happen.

RE: Angie Flynn's son - where is he this season? Has he made even a drive-by appearance? What's the motive for diminishing his role?

Honored Contributor

Angie's son is in college, unless Angie and Cross met close to twenty years in the past there's no way he is his father. Also, Angie introduced her son to his bio father and the end of season one.

Respected Contributor

On 7/24/2014 SydneyH said:

Angie's son is in college, unless Angie and Cross met close to twenty years in the past there's no way he is his father. Also, Angie introduced her son to his bio father and the end of season one.

Thanks, Sydney. I forgot about Angie introducing her son to his father. Season One seems so long ago for me.