Honored Contributor

Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 7/21/2014!!!

And last night was largely consumed with lots of plotting and muttering about who to put up as the replacement nominee when Victoria uses the POV and how it benefits each person's game. Zach wants Caleb put up and voted out of the house. He knows Caleb isn't one of "The Detonators" and is expendable. He also knows that he's on Caleb's radar. Cody's okay with that but Derrick and Frankie are not. They want Caleb kept because he's a "number for our side." (In other words, he's a guy and he's not after them.) They want Donny up (who's also a guy but targeting them) but Zach and Donny have a mini-alliance and trust each other. Zach's convinced Donny's not coming after him and Cody so they shouldn't nominate him to become targets in case Donny stays and wins HOH. Frankie and Derrick would like nothing more than for Donny to move Cody and Zach up above them on the hit list.

Brittany wants Zach or Nicole put up as the replacement and Derrick has flat out told her that Cody will never put up Zach. Brittany may approach Cody later about putting up Nicole. Zach's talked about volunteering to go up as a pawn, but Cody's afraid Zach would get voted out. (He might. Much of the house views him as a tad unstable and uncontrollable. A Zach HOH could be pretty entertaining though. God only knows who he'd nominate.)

There was talk of trying to convince Victoria not to use the POV so Cody wouldn't have to put anyone else up, but that's unlikely.

My best guess right now is that the replacement nominee will be either Caleb or Donny and it will largely depend on who is the last person Cody talks to. If Zach has his ear last it will likely be Caleb. If Derrick/Frankie/Christine have his ear last it will likely be Donny. Cody's concerned that putting up Donny benefits others more than him and leaves him more exposed to Caleb who's a bigger threat to him. Cody/Zach don't think Donny's actively coming after Cody or Zach so they're pretty comfortable keeping Donny around. They've heard Caleb talk about one of them needing to go, so he's the bigger threat to them even if he's less of a threat to others in their alliance (Derrick and Frankie for example.)

Cody's in an interesting spot. Caleb is migrating more towards the other side of the house these days. He's figured out that he's out of the loop in the old Bomb Squad and knows they're actively targeting Amber and likely him in the not too distant future. If Cody keeps Caleb and he wins HOH, Cody's got to worry that Caleb will completely flip and use his power as HOH to break up Cody/Zach or Derrick/Frankie, whoever Caleb thinks is now in charge. With two Detonators on the block, Cody might not have the votes to survive. Getting out Caleb then benefits him, and Brittany likes Cody and isn't coming after him, but she is after Nicole and Christine so keeping Brittany isn't a huge problem for him.

There's still a chance Brittany survives this week regardless of who the replacement nominee is. If Cody gives in and puts up Donny and Donny reacts badly, then Cody and Zach may be forced to try and rally votes to get out Donny since Brittany's not targeting them. If Caleb goes up then the risk of him swinging completely to the other side is too great and he's more of a threat than Brittany, so getting rid of Caleb would make more sense. Derrick and Frankie are continuing to stir the Brittany hate to keep her the target, but events could transpire to keep her around for at least one more week. This POV meeting and the aftermath promises to be interesting.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 7/21/2014!!!

I'd hate to see Donny go. He's more entertaining and likable than the others.
Honored Contributor

It looks like they're having the POV ceremony right now. I've got to head out for an hour or two, so if anyone else wants to post the results feel free to do so. It should be either Donny or Caleb. Zach was making good points in favor of putting up Caleb, but Derrick still wants Donny up and what Derrick wants, Derrick usually gets. Cody may man up and make the best move for him, but in all likelihood he'll follow Derrick's orders.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

It's Donny on the block.

Super Contributor

On 7/21/2014 MissLynn said:

It's Donny on the block.

That's too bad, I was hoping it would be Caleb. I like both Brittany and Donny and wish one of them didn't have to go.

Super Contributor

Can't wait for the Detonators to start picking off each other. Nicole and Christine will be in for a rude awakening when they find out they are the first to go? Do they really believe they are safe? I'm still waiting for the Expect the Unexpected that Julie promised. Perhaps it will come eviction night and the game will restart with only one HOH again and no one will have to go home this week. Didn't they restart the game last year at one point if I remember correctly?? They started off nominating 3 people and then after a few weeks they went back to 2 nominees and restarted the game fresh again with no eviction that night. Maybe I'm wrong but I vaguely remember it. Does anyone else remember?? We can only hope something like that will happen.
Trusted Contributor

Sassy, I recall something like that as well, but don't quote me on that. I have become unquoteable lately. Anyway, Big Brother has to know that most of us really like the 2 that are now on the block, so I hope they think of something to keep those 2 in the house.

Honored Contributor

Okay, I'm back. It was two years ago when Frank was about to get blindsided that production decided to let the coaches join the game and reset everything.

With Donny on the block it'll be interesting to see how much control Derrick has over the votes. Brittany's likely gone, but we could see a move to oust Donny get some traction. Half the house still thinks Donny is lying about who he really is, so a bit of extra paranoia this week could swing enough votes to evict him. The Diary Room will do their normal agitating and we'll ahve to see what happens.

The Expect the Unexpected is almost certainly just the Have Nots being the least active Fitbit wearers.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Okay thanks GM. I knew I remembered some season being reset. I guess I was wrong about which one it was. Don't want to see either Donny or Britt go home. Britt was just talking to Cody and still believes she is closest to him and Derrick. Don't know if she truly believes that or is lying. Derrick wants her out. Wait till she hears about that. The one I dislike the most is Frankie. I think he's even more evil than Andy was. He is just sailing through with no penalties, no have nots, never on the block (at least I don't remember if he was). This house has to flip at some point. In BB Canada, Canada was HOH at a certain point and flipped the house otherwise it would have just kept going with one dominant side ruling everything. Something has to be done to change things here. We can only hope.
Honored Contributor

Brittany has a somewhat distorted view of the house. She truly thinks that Derrick is on her side and she will be very disappointed to find out how badly he turned against her. Donny has a more realistic view of the house and him winning HOH could be pretty interesting.

The big issue with the US BB this year is that stupid Battle of the Block. With a big alliance the odds of getting an HOH who isn't in that alliance is pretty slim. If just one of the two is an HOH then he/she can nominate one of their alliance members to sabotage the Battle of the Block to keep the HOH in power and in control of the game. If one or two of the alliance are nominated by the other HOH they can fight hard to win the Battle of the Block and defeat the other team. It's just the dumbest twist imaginable and has made all of the women expendable and made it easy for one side to stay in control. Kill the Battle of the Block and things will get a lot more interesting right away, but they can't wait long or there won't be anyone outside the alliance left. They just custom tailored the game this year to a big strong guy winning and that's just dumb.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!