Honored Contributor

Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 7/04/2014!!!

Happy fourth of July! When last we left the house Amber and Devin were the new HOH's. Since then they've already gotten their HOH rooms, letters from home, and have even made their nominations. Devin put up Paola and Brittany with Brittany his clear target. Amber put up Nicole and Hayden with the hope that they'll win the Battle of the Block as she's not overly fond of either of them going home. Amber is wisely pinning all four nominations on Devin and he's gladly taking credit for them.

In yet another example of BB's slack enforcement of the rules, Devin told all four that they were going up before the ceremony, but BB still allowed the nominations to go through. According to the rules the HOH can't inform his nominees beforehand, but Grodner has a soft spot for the big dummies she casts, so they let him slide this time. In the past, when it's been a non-favorite of Grodner's who's told a house guest they were going up, the house guest that was told they'd be nominated would be given immunity and someone else would have to go up in their place. I'm guessing since he didn't specify which HOH would nominate which two that Grodner let him slide.

Devin is already pressuring Paola to be sure she throws the Battle of the Block contest so he can stay as HOH and is assuring her that she's safe no matter what. If Devin wins POV he's promising to use it on Paola. Paola's agreeing to whatever he says, but has told everyone she's fighting for all she's worth to be safe no matter what. I really, really hate this Battle of the Block twist. Other house guests are begging Paola to fight for her life as they still want to backdoor Devin. Some pressure will be exerted on Hayden and Nicole to throw the comp so the house can still backdoor Devin. The only hiccup in that plan would be if Devin or Caleb won POV. They'd be unlikely to use it and either Nicole or Hayden would be gone.

If things work out as anticipated and Hayden and Nicole win the Battle of the Block and Paola and Brittany remain the nominees, then there's a move afoot to vote out Paola and save Brittany. Cody, Zach, Christine and a few others want Brittany kept and eased into their alliance so they're more than willing to sacrifice Paola to get it done. We could actually see a split vote and an upset Devin this week if the vote on Thursday comes down to Brittany and Paola.

Later today they're likely to have the Battle of the Block. We have no Have Nots as of yet and with the Battle of the Block today and the POV comp tomorrow there's no real time to hold a comp so chances are the final HOH will be making the call on who the Have Nots are.

I'll post back later today after the Battle of the Block with the winners and who the final HOH is. Caleb and Devin are rooming together in the HOH room for now, but if Paola and Brittany can pull the upset and win the Battle of the Block Amber will move in there instead. (I'm pretty sure without Caleb!)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

Re: Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 7/04/2014!!!

I sure hope Devin is back Doored
Honored Contributor

On 7/4/2014 kacee11 said: I sure hope Devin is back Doored

There's a good chance Devin gets backdoored. That's what the house clearly wants to have happen. Brittany's a good competitor and Paola has to be better than she's shown so far. (Paola can't be any worse than she's been.) Nicole and Hayden aren't superstars so there's a chance they could lose straight up to Brittany and Paola. There's also a chance Nicole and Hayden will agree to throw it, but that would mean they'd stay on the block and that's a tough thing to do. They'd really have to trust the rest of the house to do that and I'm not sure either one does. (I wouldn't.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Maybe Paola will have a better chance if it's not a physical comp although I'm not too sure how bright she is. It doesn't seem fair to cast all those muscular meatheads and have a lot of physical comps.
Honored Contributor

Well, that was fast. They had the Battle of the Block this morning and Nicole and Hayden won which means we're stuck with Devin as HOH and he can't be backdoored. I'm happy that Nicole won and is safe, but now Brittany's in a world of trouble. Devin will be trying to turn the house against her and get her out. Cody, Zach, Christine, and others are likely to try and save her, so we're likely to see a split house this week. I'm not sure anyone really wants to keep Paola other than as a pawn who's guaranteed to lose each week, but we'll have to see what happens.

Amber now has to tread very carefully for she is no longer safe and Caleb and Devin were both talking about taking her out for a while when they thought she might not love Caleb. If the POV is used (Go Brittany!) then Amber could find herself on the block if she says/does anything that they take offense at.

I wonder if every week is going to play out like this or if they're just going fast for the holiday? This is a very, very fast moving game this week.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Battle of the Block could be fixed if the nominees could choose to have a proxy play for them. That way there would be no advantage to continually nominate Paola and other weaker players. Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of ways they could fix the Battle of the Block, but the way it's designed now, the weaker players (girls) will always get nominated. If you want a final six of Cody, Zach, Devin, Caleb, Derrick, and Hayden, then the current rules are fine. But, I'd rather the girls at least have a chance. They've pretty much got no chance now. They have to win HOH, or win BOTB, or win POV to survive while the guys just skate along and live a stress-free life in the house. It's a bizarre twist that needs to be fixed.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

I agree Gardenman. Something needs to be tweaked in these new rules and Amber is a waste of a player in my opinion. Why admit you only want to be HOH for the pictures so someone else like Caleb or others can decide your fate for you. Can't believe BB picks these girls with no gumption to win or understanding of the game.
Frequent Contributor

I think the intention of Battle of Block was (is) to have opposite members of alliances battle. It just so happened that 2 members of the Bomb Squad were is power. I do like that they have 1 Male and 1 Female member. Next week there will be 2 opposite members of alliances. I hope!

So anyone else want to see the footage of Cody falling off the beam right when he was hitting the buzzer?

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand why Amber would just let Devin bully her into making the choices for the nominations. He kept going on ad nauseum about loyalty etc. and all I heard was ""my way or the highway""!

I think some of the others on the bomb squad see this behavior and just let it happen. I wonder if they think Devin is digging his own grave?