Super Contributor

Shirley MacLaine On GLEE - April 29th

Glee First Look: Shirley MacLaine's Lunch Date With Blaine! Plus — Rachel Berry, TV Star?

BY MICHAEL SLEZAK

Glee is about to put the ‘Klaine’ in Shirley MacLaine!

Sorry, I just realized that sentence contained dangerous levels of corn, so allow me to make it up to you by sharing some sneak-peek photos of the Oscar-winning legend kicking off a multi-episode arc as a powerful New York socialite intent on turning recent Big Apple transplant Blaine into a superstar. (That news was first brought to you by TVLine, it’s worth mentioning.)

RELATED | Glee Boss Ryan Murphy Reveals Game Plan for ‘Satisfying’ Final Season (Who’ll Be Back?!); Plus — Ins...

In all, we’ve got nine images from “Back-Up Plan” (April 29, 8/7c on Fox), featuring Blaine dueting with his boyfriend Kurt, catching the eye of MacLaine’s rich maven and winding up at a swanky luncheon we can only assume brings him to Manhattan’s Upper East Side. You’ll also see Mercedes attempting to get pal Santana in on a recording deal, as well as Rachel auditioning for… a TV pilot? (Could we be looking at a Los Angeles-set Season 6?)

RELATED | CSI Vet Books Glee Gig

If that’s not enough Glee goodness, I’ve also included five bonus images from Tuesday’s “Opening Night” installment, with Sue and Schue doing the song-and-dance thing with a yellow cab and a hot-dog cart in the background.

Click through the pics below, then sound off in the comments with your anticipation level for these various scenes!

To see the gallery of photos:
http://tvline.com/2014/04/21/glee-shirley-maclaine-season-5-photos-cast/

Honored Contributor

Re: Shirley MacLaine On GLEE - April 29th

Looking a lot better than when I saw her on Downton Abbey!

Super Contributor

The two faces of Shirley MacLaine:

Glee

Downton Abbey

Perhaps it's due to the fact that on Glee, MacLaine plays "...a powerful New York socialite intent on turning recent Big Apple transplant Blaine into a superstar."

On Downton Abbey, she's a more flamboyant character, as Huffington Post blogger, filmmaker and writer Nancy Cohen-koan said, "...the ridiculous character, Martha Levinson (Shirley MacLaine), mother of Lady Cora Grantham," dubbed "Downton Abbey's Mother-in-Law From H~e~l~l."

Either way, the rest of us can only hope we look that good at age 77.

Honored Contributor

With a little help. More power to her.

Trusted Contributor

Hard to believe: yesterday was Shirley's 80th birthday!