Super Contributor

11 Co-Hosts Reunite for THE VIEW's Farewell To Walters

The View to Reunite All 11 Co-Hosts — Elisabeth & Rosie Included! — for Barbara Walters Tribute

By Michael Slezak TV|LINE

Reunited and it feels so… contentious? Nah, probably not — unless there’s a spontaneous “Hot Topics” segment on politics or religion or vaccines.

In any event, The View will gather all 11 past and present co-hosts on one stage on Thursday morning, May 15 (11/10c) for a live celebration of the show’s creator/legendary newscaster Barbara Walters, who will retire from daily television the following day.

RELATED | Barbara Walters: Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck Were Booted from The View to ‘Shake Things Up’

Slated to appear on the installment are: Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Joy Behar, Debbie Matenopoulos, Lisa Ling, Rosie O’Donnell, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and the current lineup of Sherri Shepherd, Jenny McCarthy, Whoopi Goldberg and Walters (who happens to be the last remaining panelist from the original lineup that debuted in 1997).

Now here's what the release didn't say:

They're BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!

As the 11 current and former co-hosts of The View reunite for the May 15th farewell to the show's creator and co-executive producer, Barbara Walters, not one word will be understood in this estrogen-fueled hen-fest as they incessantly scream, screech, yell, interrupt and talk over one another.

Please pass the giant-sized bottle of super-extra-strength aspirin, because this is bound to be headache-inducing. - Keri

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 11 Co-Hosts Reunite for THE VIEW's Farewell To Walters

I know, I can't watch this program for very long, makes me nervous, no one can give an answer to a question that can be heard.

Esteemed Contributor

It's going to be a Barbara love-fest. I doubt there will be controversy.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

wow I didn't realize they had gone thru so many cohosts! I had forgotten all about Debbie. She's been gone already so many years from the show. I most likely won't watch it but since it will be such a big show, I bet snippets of it will be shown on other news shows so I'll see parts of it. Little bits of The View I can handle....a full show is just too much lol.

Honored Contributor

I will be taping it, sounds like pandemonium!!! and Elisabeth and Rosie in the same room, yikes!!!

Trusted Contributor

On 4/17/2014 Shelbelle said:

I will be taping it, sounds like pandemonium!!! and Elisabeth and Rosie in the same room, yikes!!!

I wouldn't worry about Elizabeth and Rosie. Enough time has passed and everyone will play nice. This will be a love-fest for Barbara, as it should be after all of her years on TV and this show.

Honored Contributor

Debbie Matenopoulis announced today on "Home and Family" that she's four months pregnant, so that could be a topic of discussion when they all reunite.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

OMG - I can't understand anything they say now - so how will it be when they are all on the same day???

I think it probably would be better if they each said something "nice" over Skype or something. At least, we'll be able to see them and understand what they're saying vs. all of them yammering at the same time.

It might be just me - but I don't like Jenny. I don't see where she contributes anything at all to the show. Now, it looks like she and Sherri are BFF, just like Sherri and Elisabeth were. Did y'all see yesterday when Jenny announced her engagement and Sherri almost flipped her wig running over to hug her and Barbara had to butt in and say "excuse me" to Sherri, in order to get to Jenny. Whoopi never says anything and doesn't show any affection either. She just sits and rolls her eyes when guests on on the couch.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

I used to love that show but seldom watch now but I will tune in on May 15th to see it.

Super Contributor

For the May 15th reunion of all The View co-hosts, I wish I had the earplugs concession.