Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone watch the new Dallas?

I never got involved in the first one but started this one. It won't be back to August. The end last night was a sizzler in more ways than one.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone watch the new Dallas?

I saw every episode from 1978 to its demise in 1991!!! last night was great, who do you think started the fire, Bo or Elena's brother?

JR did to sue Ellen in 1979 what John Ross did to her this season, had her locked up in a sanitarium for her drinking. He is most definitely his Daddy's son!!!

Honored Contributor

See the other Dallas thread in the Viewpoints forum.

Respected Contributor

I was a huge fan of the original Dallas - would never miss a show when it was on (this is before VCR's, you could not tape anything - showing my age!). Larry Hagman was sensational and I bought the entire collection to watch all over again. Did not think I would like the new version but I am loving it. Larry Hagman was wonderful to watch again until he sadly passed away, and there is still the original Sue Ellen and Bobby. Great show!

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/15/2014 Shelbelle said:

I saw every episode from 1978 to its demise in 1991!!! last night was great, who do you think started the fire, Bo or Elena's brother?

JR did to sue Ellen in 1979 what John Ross did to her this season, had her locked up in a sanitarium for her drinking. He is most definitely his Daddy's son!!!

Who started the fire? LOL this is Dallas we're talking about, so I'm having doubts about Bo or Elena's brother. . .I'm thinking it has to be something/someone unexpected.

Yes, John Ross has lots of his father in him, but I never imagined that ending with Pamela and Emma! Don't recall JR going in that direction. Wow!

I just started watching the new series on Saturday when they had the marathon. Loved seeing Sue Ellen, Cliff, & Bobby again, as well as Lucy & Ray in the wedding episode. I don't care for the plot with Christopher and the farm hand, but I love the addition of Judith Light.

Honored Contributor

Judith Light is doing a great job, she is dynamite on Dallas!!!

Respected Contributor

On 4/15/2014 loveour4leggedfriends said:

of the original Dallas - would never miss a show when it was on (this is before VCR's, you could not tape anythinI was a huge fang - showing my age!). Larry Hagman was sensational and I bought the entire collection to watch all over again. Did not think I would like the new version but I am loving it. Larry Hagman was wonderful to watch again until he sadly passed away, and there is still the original Sue Ellen and Bobby. Great show!

I taped the original Dallas.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not crazy about Jordana Brewster's character, but maybe I'm just jaded because I never cared for her character on As the World Turns.