Respected Contributor

Any forum members watching this show? If so, what do you think of it. I don't think it will last more than one season. I know it's based on a true story and the actor who plays the role is doing a good job. I just don't see many people getting into this sitcom.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it better than "About a Boy." But I agree, it probably won't last.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I like it, esp.the pilot and first episode. I've read it was originally supposed to be set in the '80s, but they changed it to present time because they didn't want to appear to be competing with "The Goldbergs." Anyway, I think it's a cute show and reminds me of "The Wonder Years."

Trusted Contributor

I like this show, but I like About A Boy better. I was surprised that I liked both of them because I'm picky with my sitcoms.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

I love this show, too. I am a huge fan of JK Simmons anyway, since OZ. I've always liked Jenna Elfman, ever since Dharma. JK Simmons and the one kid are hilarious together.

Another thing I love about JK Simmons is that he is equally amazing as a really really REALLY bad guy (i.e. his role in OZ).

Esteemed Contributor

Never saw him before the Farmers commercials, which are pretty funny.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I agree he's pretty funny in those Farmer's commercials.

Recently he was in a Very short-lived sitcom with Leah Remini. It was ok. I would have kept watching it but it didn't even end up getting a full season. I'm glad to see him back and this new show seems to get pretty good marks. I absolutely love it, so I hope it lasts.

But where I first became familiar with him was the HBO show, OZ. Or was it Showtime? Anyway, he was amazing as a really bad guy in that show. BTW, OZ is definitely NOT for everybody. It was a great show, though. Smiley Happy