Super Contributor

Mr. Selfridge Question/Different Husband?

When Lady Loxley took Selfridge out to the country to meet her husband for backing in the first episode, he was an older gray haired man. He agreed to give Selfridge the money. Now this younger man shows up as her husband with animosity towards Selfridge. I don't get it.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mr. Selfridge Question/Different Husband?

Sorry, I don't remember the older actor from last year, but have to say this new one is a creep! Have a feeling she wants to kill him. Maybe Selfridge will help her in some way if he finds out he has been abusing her.

Since the storyline jumped ahead five years, I wish they provided more details of what had happened during that time. Why were Agnes and Victor not on good terms?

Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2014 twinsister said:

Sorry, I don't remember the older actor from last year, but have to say this new one is a creep! Have a feeling she wants to kill him. Maybe Selfridge will help her in some way if he finds out he has been abusing her.

Me either twinsister ............... cyndog, your comment sounds like Paradise, not Mr. Selfridge!

Super Contributor

That man was not her husband, just a wealthy friend. Lord Loxley is s new character this season.
Super Contributor

The PBS summary of the first show says Lady Loxley secured funds for Selfridge from her husband.
Super Contributor

This is the quote from pbs for Ep 1, Season 1:"Lady Mae Loxley, who secures Harry the necessary investor: her (absent and cuckolded) husband."

All articles about the show state that Lord Loxley is a new character, just cast for season 2. He spent season 1 "in the country," most likely at their country estate.

Respected Contributor

Agnes and victor were not on good terms because she turned him down and instead had an affair with Henri before he went to New York.
Super Contributor

Yes, that's the summary I read. I'll have to wait and see the first episode again. As I recall, Lady Loxley took Selfridge out to the country to meet her absent husband for funds. He met her husband at a shooting party he was having, an older man, I remember thinking that her husband looks like he could be her father, so you got me, I don't think I'm crazy, ha, ha. I thought Selfridge said thank you, Lord Loxley when he agreed to be an investor.
Super Contributor

Thanks for your replies, everyone.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/31/2014 Shawnie said: Agnes and victor were not on good terms because she turned him down and instead had an affair with Henri before he went to New York.

Thanks - I didn't remember what happened between them.