Honored Contributor

Mad Men ............. The Final Season Begins ............ Are You Ready?

Super Contributor

Re: Mad Men ............. The Final Season Begins ............ Are You Ready?

I stopped watching a long time ago.

I loved the first few seasons, but it seems like everything changed when the office moved.

Honored Contributor

Well, it definitely changed, last season proved it! I just wonder how they will end it ....... will Don Draper come clean, will he & Betty get back together (I know they really love each other), will he leave the US instead and run to Canada with his wife ............ there are many questions that need to answered!

Super Contributor

I'm ready, hope it's good.
Esteemed Contributor

Well, we really have another year as AMC is being very creative in how they are cutting up this last season (unless they changed their mind, which is unlikely.) I didn't immediately watch last season and the episodes accumulated on my DVR. Seemed most were disappointed in it. But then I watched the show in a few mini marathons and I really liked the season! May stockpile part 1 of the final season and watch all at once. Then watch part 2 live.
Valued Contributor

I STILL love the show, and I'm sad that it's almost over.

Regular Contributor

Yes, I'm ready for it to be OVER! Never got into this one, maybe because I lived it!!

Super Contributor

On 3/7/2014 Alter Ego said: Well, we really have another year as AMC is being very creative in how they are cutting up this last season (unless they changed their mind, which is unlikely.) I didn't immediately watch last season and the episodes accumulated on my DVR. Seemed most were disappointed in it. But then I watched the show in a few mini marathons and I really liked the season! May stockpile part 1 of the final season and watch all at once. Then watch part 2 live.

Wait ... is the final season in two parts, like that Harry Potter movie?

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/9/2014 ennui1 said:
On 3/7/2014 Alter Ego said: Well, we really have another year as AMC is being very creative in how they are cutting up this last season (unless they changed their mind, which is unlikely.) I didn't immediately watch last season and the episodes accumulated on my DVR. Seemed most were disappointed in it. But then I watched the show in a few mini marathons and I really liked the season! May stockpile part 1 of the final season and watch all at once. Then watch part 2 live.

Wait ... is the final season in two parts, like that Harry Potter movie?

Yes - it was announced at the end of 2013 that they will air 7 episodes in 2014 and finish the season a YEAR later in 2015 with the final 7. This is apparently the same thing they did with "Breaking Bad". IMO, is pretty dumb to say the final season has "begun" when it ends a year later.

AMC hasn't had much success lately with new original programming, and this will prolong their successful flagship show. As an added bonus, they don't have to pay the actors for an additional season.

Respected Contributor

I hate the way they are ending this with the 2 different seasons. I love this show and don't want just 7 episodes and then wait a full year for the last one. I will watch and I hope the ending is GREAT! Just get rid of this wife that Don has now.