Regular Contributor

OT - The Tonight Show- anyone miss Jay Leno

Has you tuned in to watch the Tonight show with Jimmy Fallon?

Do you already miss seeing Jay Leno?

I personally was very sad to see Johnny Carson go. After that, it took me quite a while to get use to watching Jay Leno. I did enjoy his monologues and different skits. He did a fantastic job during his 22 years hosting the tonight show.

I started watching Jimmy Fallon and he is doing his best so far. I do not care for his band, never did but my own personal opinion. I enjoy some of his skits but still going to take some time to get use to him now.

Respected Contributor

Re: OT - The Tonight Show- anyone miss Jay Leno

Yes I miss Jay Leno.

Esteemed Contributor

Fallon seems like a nice man, but to me not funny or classy. It's the kind of humor todays young people like, not funny to the older crowd, because some of it doesn't make sense. I grew up with Bob Hope, Jerry Lewis, the old comedians. I loved Jay's monologue. Jay just came across better. I have watched two of JF shows now, do not care for the band or his announcer. It was painful the first night, except for the stars that showed up.

I will give it the rest of the week and start taping Greg Fergurson on the late late night, he seems pretty funny.

Some of Jay's band are now on American Idol. I wonder where the band for Dancing with the Stars are going? I hate these changes.

Frequent Contributor

I was just coming to see what the opinion was on the New Tonight Show... I like Jimmy Fallon.. he seems like a good guy... but the new show... not for me... I figured that out Monday night... but last night I was tempted when I heard BRADLEY COOPER is a guest... and he was, and they talked about his movie...etc... and then they played charades......... err -- what -- charades... This is late night entertainment... Anyone old enough to remember STUMP THE STARS............ I do not foresee watching this show again any time soon...

Time to get back to reading.

Regular Contributor

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who misses Jay Leno. Jimmy Fallon just carried over what he did from Late Night.

I do not care for his monologues at all. His side kick announcer I don't care for either. He is not an Ed McMahon!

According to the ratings, it did very well the 1st night but I am guessing that is because people were interested to the premier.

I for one do not wish him bad luck, but selfishly I am hoping that NBC will see the ways and bring back Jay Leno again. Maybe someone wills start a petition {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Trusted Contributor

Jay Leno is gone and the times they are a changing. He's not coming back. I, for one, am enjoying Jimmy. I hope I'm one of many new Tonight Show viewers.

Trusted Contributor

I think Jimmy appeals to a younger crowd. My son never liked Jay but he loves Jimmy.
Honored Contributor

I miss Jay Leno very much. I posted somewhere earlier that my adult daughter went to see Jimmy Fallon's show in New York about 2 years ago (sometime near then). She was visiting a friend who lived in New York.

She said it was a terrible show when you're sitting in the audience. She said she will never go to another of his shows again.

Funny. My friend's niece back near Christmas went to an Ellen DeGenerres (sp) show. She said it was terrible. She said they were given all of these things (the audience was) on what NOT to do. Like don't interact with her. Even if she comes over near you don't make eye contact unless she touches you and bla bla.

Anyway, I really miss Jay Leno. I thought he was really funny.

Respected Contributor

I remember thinking how bad Jay was initially after the Johnny transition. He was REALLY bad at interviews, but got good at it with practice. I got used to Jay, but his show never drew me in.

That said, Jimmy Fallon is very talented. They'll make adjustments, & he will be just fine.

I love the Jimmy Kimmel show....so funny!

Letterman turned me OFF years ago. I used to love him before he became a crotchedy old man, and became way too political for late night TV. He just seemed cranky all the time.

Honored Contributor

On 2/21/2014 goldenretriever said:

I remember thinking how bad Jay was initially after the Johnny transition. He was REALLY bad at interviews, but got good at it with practice. I got used to Jay, but his show never drew me in.

That said, Jimmy Fallon is very talented. They'll make adjustments, & he will be just fine.

I love the Jimmy Kimmel show....so funny!

Letterman turned me OFF years ago. I used to love him before he became a crotchedy old man, and became way too political for late night TV. He just seemed cranky all the time.

Boy do I agree about Letterman! What an old grouse and he thinks he is SOOOO smart and wonderful.