Better Than Black Friday
139 Members and 15996 Guests Online

TV Talk

New Billy on Y & R

Started 1391635372.1 in TV Talk | Last reply 1393210964.51 by Javala-la

David Tom has replaced Billy Miller and the few minutes that I've seen, looks very similar to the "old" Billy. I was pleasantly surprised! Always enjoyed Billy Miller & wish him luck.

Page 1 of 2
Tommie19651391653410.5875705 PostsRegistered 10/4/2010
David Tom was always my favorite Billy. I will be in the minority and say I was not a big fan of Billy Miller's version. And Billy and Victoria -never bought them as a couple.

Nancy Drew1391655972.1835733 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I thought the same thing. I had to look close because I knew the new Billy was suppose to start and thought wow he is a clone.

Please don't put me in a timeout.

KathyLFan1391711146.9571137 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

David Tom was the first Billy - I don't know whether it was better story lines or what, but I prefer Billy Miller (esp w/Victoria). But they do look very similar & hopefully we're going on to somebody else for a SL now!

graceandme­rcy1391714128.8174644 PostsRegistered 6/22/2010
On 2/5/2014 Tommie1965 said: David Tom was always my favorite Billy. I will be in the minority and say I was not a big fan of Billy Miller's version. And Billy and Victoria -never bought them as a couple.

Never liked Billy's character..he just gets worse IMO~

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

- Philo of Alexandria, a Jewish Philosopher

Hooty1391714477.02319424 PostsRegistered 9/4/2006~War Eagle Country~

I am going to miss Billy Miller, but I think David Tom is an excellent replacement, since he was the first Billy ............. and yes they do favor!

Adam walked away from that explosion, he is too mean and evil to die and will probably show up a few months later with reconstructive surgery and no one will know who he is!

BTW, read where Y&R ratings on Jan. 31st were the highest they have been in years!

annabellet­hecat1391740603.48714721 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006

I wonder where Billy Miller is going to turn up. My guess (and I read) that he wanted more money since he kept winning awards. That makes sense. I guess since the cast is so large they have to put caps on some of this spending.

shesallthat1391791556.110364 PostsRegistered 4/4/2005
On 2/6/2014 annabellethecat said:

I wonder where Billy Miller is going to turn up. My guess (and I read) that he wanted more money since he kept winning awards. That makes sense. I guess since the cast is so large they have to put caps on some of this spending.

that wasn't it. he wanted to be able to do other projects away from Y&R like he had in the past but for some reason they would not give him the time away from the show anymore. and he said that when it came down to it and he had to decide what to do - he chose to walk away from Y&R. he gave and interview to SOC.

she said: "that's alot of money to spend on a purse!" and i instantly knew we could not be friends.

Hooty1391891592.719424 PostsRegistered 9/4/2006~War Eagle Country~

Yes, Annabelle, Shesallthat is correct, Billy Miller wanted to pursue other things, which they had let them do in the past. He had played in a Lifetime Movie about the husband that killed his wife on their honeymoon by shutting off her oxygen tanks while diving, this was a true story about a couple was from AL!

annabellet­hecat1391911888.29314721 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006

He was also a star player in the short lived show where Sara Michelle Geller played twins. He played a bad guy in the series. It was fun seeing him in this show.

I've been sitting here reading '....something dirty laundry' website. I cannot understand why they (Y&R) keeps this woman on. She is going to bring down a show that's been on forever.

I watched Y&R from the very beginning for many years. Then I got busy and stopped watching it for a few years. About 8 years ago I started back watching it.

I've been very upset at the way the show has been heading. I tape it and fast forward all of the parts I don't like.

Lately between B&B and Y&R I haven't been watching much. I could not believe they killed off that little girl!

There's too much to mention that bothers me. Obviously I'm not the only one.

Why in the world don't they fire that Jill woman? It doesn't make sense? When that many people stop watching a show it's time to make changes.

Mama Deb1391914170.162219 PostsRegistered 9/26/2006

I am hoping that he will grow on me, as it stands now I am not impressed with him. I guess it's because I loved Billy Miller so much.

Usedtobe1391921205.41118 PostsRegistered 2/1/2014
I loved Billy Miller, too. But I enjoyed seeing the flashback with teenage David Tom and Jill.

sabra1391922676.841936 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007Ohio

I have always liked Billy Miller and thought he did an excellent job. I remember David Tom and also remember that he is Heather Tom's (Katie on B&B for those who don't watch B&B) brother. There is definitely a similar look between the two.

What I find funny is that Heather used to play Victoria. How weird would that have been if she still was - LOL. Guess they couldn't have hired David because that would just be creepy.

Last edited on 2/8/2014

I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her ...

Abby19671392921190.407671 PostsRegistered 2/19/2007
First of all I've watched Y & R for many years, Second of all don't hate me girls. The first few times I watched the new billy I was ok I liked what I saw also, but the past few episodes I've started to not like watching him as much. I'm sure he'll grow on me. I think this will be the end of Victoria and Billy this time. I have a feeling they are going to hook her up with the doc. Which I think might make a nice couple. But then again it's the soap world so who knows lol . Oh and one last thing Victoria's bangs. Don't think those will grow on me, hope they just grow out fast lol.

Mmsfoxxie1392922854.815611 PostsRegistered 6/19/2010
On 2/20/2014 Abby1967 said: First of all I've watched Y & R for many years, Second of all don't hate me girls. The first few times I watched the new billy I was ok I liked what I saw also, but the past few episodes I've started to not like watching him as much. I'm sure he'll grow on me. I think this will be the end of Victoria and Billy this time. I have a feeling they are going to hook her up with the doc. Which I think might make a nice couple. But then again it's the soap world so who knows lol . Oh and one last thing Victoria's bangs. Don't think those will grow on me, hope they just grow out fast lol.

Awwww, I like her bangs, lol. I think they make her look younger.

JESSA1392925826.82415 PostsRegistered 12/18/2010
On 2/20/2014 Mmsfoxxie said:
On 2/20/2014 Abby1967 said: First of all I've watched Y & R for many years, Second of all don't hate me girls. The first few times I watched the new billy I was ok I liked what I saw also, but the past few episodes I've started to not like watching him as much. I'm sure he'll grow on me. I think this will be the end of Victoria and Billy this time. I have a feeling they are going to hook her up with the doc. Which I think might make a nice couple. But then again it's the soap world so who knows lol . Oh and one last thing Victoria's bangs. Don't think those will grow on me, hope they just grow out fast lol.

Awwww, I like her bangs, lol. I think they make her look younger.

I think the bangs make her look younger too, I like them.

graceandme­rcy1392941894.2734644 PostsRegistered 6/22/2010
On 2/8/2014 annabellethecat said:

He was also a star player in the short lived show where Sara Michelle Geller played twins. He played a bad guy in the series. It was fun seeing him in this show.

I've been sitting here reading '....something dirty laundry' website. I cannot understand why they (Y&R) keeps this woman on. She is going to bring down a show that's been on forever.

I watched Y&R from the very beginning for many years. Then I got busy and stopped watching it for a few years. About 8 years ago I started back watching it.

I've been very upset at the way the show has been heading. I tape it and fast forward all of the parts I don't like.

Lately between B&B and Y&R I haven't been watching much. I could not believe they killed off that little girl!

There's too much to mention that bothers me. Obviously I'm not the only one.

Why in the world don't they fire that Jill woman? It doesn't make sense? When that many people stop watching a show it's time to make changes.

I feel the same, I don't mind missing it anymore..the writing stinks, IMO!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

- Philo of Alexandria, a Jewish Philosopher

Mmsfoxxie1392945206.8635611 PostsRegistered 6/19/2010
On 2/20/2014 JESSA said:
On 2/20/2014 Mmsfoxxie said:
On 2/20/2014 Abby1967 said: First of all I've watched Y & R for many years, Second of all don't hate me girls. The first few times I watched the new billy I was ok I liked what I saw also, but the past few episodes I've started to not like watching him as much. I'm sure he'll grow on me. I think this will be the end of Victoria and Billy this time. I have a feeling they are going to hook her up with the doc. Which I think might make a nice couple. But then again it's the soap world so who knows lol . Oh and one last thing Victoria's bangs. Don't think those will grow on me, hope they just grow out fast lol.

Awwww, I like her bangs, lol. I think they make her look younger.

I think the bangs make her look younger too, I like them.

Ok, Jessa, I have to take it back. After seeing Victoria today with her bangs sideways, I didn't like it. Her makeup was different, too, it seems.

annabellet­hecat1392947484.9714721 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006

emmismom, I just finished fast forwarding over almost the entire show. Makes me so sad, but the writing stinks, I don't like that Billy, there are just so many things I don't like.

It's as if they (the writers) think we're stupid. We are supposed to believe that Jill would go along with being tied up and then fall for anything that stupid Colin tries to pull. Come on! She's a lot smarter than that!

There are so many things that makes me sick about the show now. I can't stand Cynthia whats her name. I just don't care for her. I'd probably watch her on another show, but I kind of doubt it.

Then the B&B is pretty much the same way. That show now stinks too.

All I've ever watched (except for a few short months when my girls were little) were all of the soaps on channel 9.

It's almost like loosing a friend. It sounds stupid but that's how I feel. The producers won't listen to anyone. I have read so many things on the internet. I haven't seen very many positive things about any of the shows.

That UTube thing about missing Billy was funny. You could tell the actors are just sick about his leaving, for real, you could see it on their faces they are worried about the show continuing.

Oh! Well!

graceandme­rcy1392967640.874644 PostsRegistered 6/22/2010
On 2/20/2014 annabellethecat said:

emmismom, I just finished fast forwarding over almost the entire show. Makes me so sad, but the writing stinks, I don't like that Billy, there are just so many things I don't like.

It's as if they (the writers) think we're stupid. We are supposed to believe that Jill would go along with being tied up and then fall for anything that stupid Colin tries to pull. Come on! She's a lot smarter than that!

There are so many things that makes me sick about the show now. I can't stand Cynthia whats her name. I just don't care for her. I'd probably watch her on another show, but I kind of doubt it.

Then the B&B is pretty much the same way. That show now stinks too.

All I've ever watched (except for a few short months when my girls were little) were all of the soaps on channel 9.

It's almost like loosing a friend. It sounds stupid but that's how I feel. The producers won't listen to anyone. I have read so many things on the internet. I haven't seen very many positive things about any of the shows.

That UTube thing about missing Billy was funny. You could tell the actors are just sick about his leaving, for real, you could see it on their faces they are worried about the show continuing.

Oh! Well!

I so agree annabelle..the writing DOES stink, you would think the Y&R would see that, B&B too. I have also watched Y&R since the beginning, except when my kids were small. I guess its time I quit watching soaps anyway..the death of Deliah made me depressed anyway, and then getting rid of MM was the icing on the cake. Even though there were many that quit watching, they continued, showing us THEY don't care! Without an audience, what does that prove? Other soaps have bit the dust, guess that doesn't mean anything. I really wonder how long they will continue. Too be honest, there aren't any on the show I care about anymore anyway!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

- Philo of Alexandria, a Jewish Philosopher

Hooty1393001811.00319424 PostsRegistered 9/4/2006~War Eagle Country~

Thank goodness for the Fast-Forward Button!!! Yesterday's show was just awful!!!

robomo1393004700.599446 PostsRegistered 3/15/2005

David Tom was Billy when the character was younger. They did a good job cutting his hair, etc. so that the change wasn't so severe. I am kinda over Billy lately. When he walked away and left Adam to die, that did it for me. Adam would NOT have done that to Billy.

graceandme­rcy1393006084.44644 PostsRegistered 6/22/2010
On 2/21/2014 robomo said:

David Tom was Billy when the character was younger. They did a good job cutting his hair, etc. so that the change wasn't so severe. I am kinda over Billy lately. When he walked away and left Adam to die, that did it for me. Adam would NOT have done that to Billy.

Hopefully Vicki will leave him and he and Kelly can run off together, lol. He's just evil these days. Thank God Victor and Chelsea found Chloe in Paris, shes a mess too. I hope they call the police!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

- Philo of Alexandria, a Jewish Philosopher

Pqfan1393011486.436280 PostsRegistered 2/15/2006

i dont like himhe looks like he is 12 Cool

loveschoco­late1393015836.7510423 PostsRegistered 5/11/2012Ohio......GO BUCKS!!!!

Not liking the "new" Billy....something about his constant whining irritates me!

"Chocolate should be one of the major food groups!"

"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making a few more!"

Mmsfoxxie1393030010.9235611 PostsRegistered 6/19/2010
On 2/21/2014 Pqfan said:

i dont like himhe looks like he is 12 Cool


With very small eyes. He seems to be over acting. But.....I'll give him moe time to grow into an older Billy than he played before.

Page 1 of 2