Super Contributor

Dig: USA Orders New Event Series

What do you get when you combine CSI, Law & Order, a healthy dose of The Da Vinci Code, a dash of Romancing The Stone and a smidge of Indiana Jones thrown in for good measure? Here's one possible answer:

=========================================

(Source: tvseriesfinale.com) Published: November 13, 2013

USA has ordered a six-episode action adventure series called Dig. It’s from Heroes creator Tim Kring and Gideon Raff, the co-creator of Homeland on Showtime.

The new show will be filmed in Jerusalem and is expected to debut on USA sometime in late 2014.

Dig follows the story of an FBI agent who’s stationed in Jerusalem. While investigating the murder of a woman archeologist, the agent uncovers a conspiracy that’s 2000 years old and that threatens to change the course of history.

Dig TV show

Respected Contributor

Re: Dig: USA Orders New Event Series

I have tried to watch twice and it just does not hold my attention. Too dreary.

Honored Contributor

I'm watching it again (I think for the 3rd time), parts I keep missing. Am I the only one who thinks it's STRANGE that he's swiming in the water nu,de with a young girl who reminds him so much of his dead daughter (down to the bright red hair)? It seems 'mixed up'.

I don't usually have the patience for a show like this. It's the kind of show where you have to be willing to invest the time and patience to watch it unfold, then you go back and watch it again and say, "OK, now I get it". (I'm projecting because that's the way I am doing this show).

It's supposed to be very short. We'll see. They have a way of extending these shows (which I don't like, in fact, I HATE it when they extend a show).

Respected Contributor

Keri, good to see you posting again. I've recorded the first two episodes, but haven't watched them yet. You know what I miss? Crossing Lines. I loved the first season, but I've never found it to watch since. It's interesting to see shows filmed somewhere besides the USA and Canada.

Trusted Contributor

I want to like it but its only "okay" for me. I'm going to try to watch the third installment and see if I'll continue on. So far, I'm not excited about it.

Respected Contributor

I am watching. Trying to make sense of it. Maybe after watching all the episodes it will be clear - the writers promise there is an actual end and they don't leave us hanging.

Valued Contributor

The pilot episode seemed to have as many commercial minutes as plot time. I kept FF-ing the DVR and lost interest. Skinny dipping with one's daughter's Doppelganger seems deviant.

Respected Contributor

The skinny-dipping bugged me too. Even if you put aside the DD resemblance (which is hard) they just met! I may be too innocent, lol, for this. Also a mikvah isn't co-ed and it's sacred. They seem to love breaking with what is sacred so far.

I also want to know where the "spare" Joshua came from. Were they test-tube babies or cloned (and from what), are they supposed to be Jesus?

Also, why all the shootings? Is that the modern day version of how to do each other in? All the religions are coming across pretty bad so far.

Honored Contributor

It helps if you watch "The Making of Dig". It explains some of the weird things in the beginning of the story.

I'm not very good on things like this. You guys always have to explain things to me over and over. I will try to keep up.

One thing I have going for ME (to help me understand things) is that my daughter in Denver has taken an interest in this show.

She usually explains everything to me that I don't understand. She also understands Annabelle speak. It's a joke except with my real name because people say, "Is this in Annabelle speak or is this in normal language".

Honored Contributor

I was going to say that no one hates commercials more than I do. I usually DVR everything and then FF over the commercials.

That said, I can understand why they have so many commercials because it is probably extremely expensive to put on.